Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boost drivers, JAD kits and 2.5W+ 445nm

adam1

Selling my first run of these CC-Boost drivers that rhd designed. 0 of these available. I can either set them to high or low range, giving a range of 500 - 2500mA output. Link to design thread
$8 + shipping + paypal fees

Next is 2x C6 JAD kit for an A/M140 diode. Contains a BenBoost driver at 1.267A wired up inside the pill and aluminium heatsink. All that you need to add is the diode in module with glass lens from DTR and then you have a 1W+ 445nm burning laser for under $100.
$20 + shipping + paypal fees

Third is 20x BenBoost mini drivers. These are ready to go and set at 1.267A (2x 30R resistors).
$7 + shipping + paypal fees

Finally is a 9mm 445nm Kryton Groove. The host is mirror finish with GITD strips and rings. Driver is CC-Boost set to 2.5A and has G9 lens in holder. Will put up photos once the new tailcap switch for it arrives. Don't have power reading as I do not yet have an Ophir but even an inefficient will be outputting >2.5W.
$200 + shipping + paypal fees

Last edited:

Re: CC-Boost Driver and C6 JAD

Is it possible to set the current any lower than 500ma on rhd's boost drive?

I may be in for at least two.

Last edited:

Glad you arent trying to make a giant profit on these! For anyone who doesnt know, these drivers cost ~6-7$ a piece in parts- adam1 is giving you a fair deal :beer:
Btw, where did you get the IC's from? Rifter ordered a bunch and im going to buy some off him when he gets them, beacause the only place I found them had a several week ship time.

I'm definitely in for a couple of drivers

Could you please put me down for 2 and let me know the cost of international shipping? Thanks!:beer:

RHD, you don't take near enough credit. After all, you designed it!

adam1

Is it possible to set the current any lower than 500ma on rhd's boost drive?

I'm not really sure on this. Maybe if you used a higher resistance for RSENSE it could work, but I don't know if this throws out another part of the driver design. Honestly though, you'd need to ask somebody who knows more about the actual design of the driver than me.

Btw, where did you get the IC's from?
I just got them from here on aliexpress. Seller says max of 60 days shipping but took nowhere near that long for me.

And to anybody that said they wanted some drivers, I'll be heading down to the post office tomorrow to find out the cheapest way that I can send them internationally safely, and will get back to you soon

I'd be down for 2 :)

Last edited:

rhd

In theory, these can be adapted for sub 500mA without any significant adverse implications.

However, if people have use for such a low current boost driver, I actually think we should fork the driver PCB. This indicator is hugely overkill. With a sub 500mA current target, we can go with a higher inductance inductor, while still shrinking overall size. It will be even better suited for low current diodes because there should be even less output noise (not the there's much on RC1 as is) and it can be made smaller.

If that's something people want, make the request in the driver thread, and post some examples of what you would be wanting to drive in specific. I don't mind tossing together a low current fork. I'd call it CC-Boost (LC) RC1.

adam1

Looks like the first run is all spoken for. I'll check the postage cost then get back to all of you tomorrow

PP sent sorry for the delay! Thanks :beer:

Last edited:

adam1

Still have 3 of the CC-boosts available. Also updated OP with other stuff for sale

So did any one, other than me, actually buy these? If you have already received them, have you got any info on how they perform? Hopefully mine should arrive any day now! :beer:

Edit: Ok it arrived today and I must say the reflow job looks very well done! :) Ill do some testing on a test load and report back, so far Im impressed.:beer:

Last edited: