Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bluray glow in the dark?

bxbugs

I will be getting a 5mW bluray laser soon can I make it write glow in the dark text? If so how? I've seen people use some glow in the dark paint, is there any other ways?

Jaseth

The answer is yes, and just shine it on glow in the dark stuff.
Next time don't post a thread about something which takes 1 minute to find the answer to on the forum or on google. Read and search you lazy bum.

Making things glow is probably the only thing that 5mw 405nm pointer is good for since the dot will appear to be rather dim...

D

Deleted member 8382

yep.

answering the second questions, yes, there is another way to make text shine under UV a part from GITD paint: invisible tint. Since it's only suposed to swhow under UV, bluray will reveal it creating a glow effect.

invisible tint pens are available on focalprice for 0.99 with free shipping now ;)

Yours,
Albert

Yellow highlighter ink glows underneath a blacklight... but I haven't it with my blu ray yet.... hmmm.

bxbugs

thanks, i might order the pen, also im not a lazy bum i was in school when i posted this, and i was on the internet on my phone which is really slow.

EDIT: found a spare tube invisible pen ink, i wonder if it will work...hmm....

Last edited:
I've painted my ceiling and one wall in my room with glow in the dark paint. In the
day time you can't even see that my wall or ceiling is painted with the gitd paint. So I can write/draw all over my room with my blu ray lasers, All my friends love it!

DIESELM--Can you give us the 411 on where you got the paint-How much $ and amount used to cover how big of an area? Everywhere I see it they want a lot$- --also when do you have to go back??-hope you stay safe. Thanks for what you do-Peace Len

DIESELM--Can you give us the 411 on where you got the paint-How much $ and amount used to cover how big of an area? Everywhere I see it they want a lot$- --also when do you have to go back??-hope you stay safe. Thanks for what you do-Peace Len

I bought the paint from The Home Depot its Rustoleum about $8-$10 for a 1/2 pt I used 6 pints, I am in the procress of wrapping up my Military career and I am about to join the NYPD!

Good Night!

Attachments

• rust-oleum.gif
    rust-oleum.gif
    67 KB · Views: 360
  • rustoleum.jpg
    rustoleum.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 301
Thanks for the info=who knew- damn HomeDepot------ good luck with your plans- maybe you will run into C-Jay and catch up on 'old times'--hakzaw

noesc

FYI: I used to run a UV black light in my VW van.. and used liquid TIDE to draw.. smells nice and is invisible...

I would think it would work with a 405nm as well... plus its cheaper than paint. (steal some from mom)