Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Black Zaser

Tmack

Hey guys I have to first thank Mrcrouse & Daguin. I first ordered the host anodized black as you can see and had it sent straight to Daguin for filling. The anodizing is extremely thick and absolutely perfect around the threads and edges. The focus knob goes well with the very deeply finned heatsink. The size of the host and specifically in the heatsink make it very efficient at heat dissipation. A test run at three minutes left it only slightly warm. It runs after settling at 2988mw at 2.25a. I wanted a nice balance between power and longevity. Daguin did fantastic work with the internals as expected. The dot is very clean with an amazing beam. No batwing here. Well here she is guy's. Thanks to the masters of their specific crafts.
8603-imag0376.jpg
8601-1383165465366.jpg
8599-imag0365.jpg
8600-imag0364.jpg
8598-imag0371.jpg

8597-imag0367.jpg
8596-imag0368.jpg
Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for looking!
8604-imag0382.jpg

Little beam shots 700mw 638nm, 370mw 532nm, Zaser
No fog or beam viewing aids.

Last edited:

Amazing! But wait.... Where are the beam shots?. I only kid. Looks good Tmack! +1 and tonight's second blue moon goes to you :beer:

Tmack

Thanks so much guys. I was looking forward to this one for some time now. This laser is just amazing. The duty cycle is like nothing I've ever seen . Three min and not even warm. Offroad freak has these( grrrrrrrr) for sale and can vouch for the absolutely superior hosts. It just has a great feel to it, and holds a reading very very steady.

I love this host the build looks great! When I have the money I really want one with a silver head and black anodized body. Nice tattoo btw haha.

Tmack

That would look great. I would like a gradual change .

So what do you guys think. GITD or leave it alone????????!!!!!

Was thinking if in dud it at all,,just the tube. I don't want to render the deep cooling Finns useless. They work very well on this host and give it it's signature look.

Last edited:

Pman

Nice looking piece:)
That's a really hard call on the GITD for this one. It's so black that I don't know if you should mess with this one. Kind of makes a statement as is.

Tmack

I was thinking the same thing. I don't want to regret it. And that epoxy will not come off nicely. I think the way the grooves are so deep and the tube lines are so thick it would end up looking messy, just too much for this host.

sinner

Looks great man, definitely one of the best looking hosts out there, I would also suggest to leave the gitd it looks way perfect with that anodize.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Tmack, that's a great addition to your sig.:) I agree, leave it just as it is. It's too nice to mess with, and once you start, there is no going back!

Tmack

Once I saw the host on person, I knew the GITD wouldn't work. The Black anodizing would make the epoxy mixture stand out on in the grooves and would take away from its sleek, dark look. I think the GITD suits the polished hosts much better. Mrcrouse has more very nice hosts that would be a perfect little brother to the GITD MS-SSW.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can find some higher power 635 diodes yet. Most I've seen were only 500mW. Having a 3W 635 would be epic.

I never really liked violet lasers because they make my eyes go out of "Focus" or It's hard to focus when violet light is around. It's something you really have to experience to understand. I'm assuming it does that because It's bordering the UV spectrum? like if you've seen a blacklight, it does the same thing. Makes my eyes feel funny and strains them.

And I don't think 473nm would do that wouldn't it?

He isn't putting a 405 in there, have you seen his GITD MS-SSW? It is charged separately not by the laser itself. And I think he's come to the decision that he's not going to GITD this one because it's just too perfect they way it is.