Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Biglasers.com

Just got an 'arctic' from them, but it's not the same host/no branding.

I just emailed them letting them 'know', and am giving them a moment to right their wrong before I file a paypal resolution dispute.

Anyone else have any problems or successes with them?

Fairly little info about them.

Unless you're after the the host, there are cheaper/better options out there.

Post a picture of what you actually got. I'm curious whether maybe you got the smaller clone version, or whether it's just an unbranded host, which would also be very strange.

Easiest way is to host the picture publicly on another site, photobucket, flickr, etc,.

After that just take the image URL, and use the insert image button on here. Looks like a little postcard with mountains on it.

For example to post this:

PricingStructure.jpg

I typed the following:
PHP:
[IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee465/InfinitusEquitas/PricingStructure.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
Not sure, hard to judge the diameter, and I don't remember the exact length of the cheaper clone, but that's what it looks like to me.

Here are some clones:

DSC00003Custom.jpg

Here's a side by side video of an arctic and a clone:

Take a look at pics in this thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...800mw-lazerer-com-side-side-arctic-65932.html

To me it looks like you might have gotten the clone, and without the top top.

If that's the case, you got scammed out of at least $100.

Last edited:
Thanks for that; I assumed it was at least the same size. Colin, the person who's been handling my order at Biglasers.com said they don't advertise it as a wicked, but their pictures for it are from wicked lasers and it is named an arctic. I think this advertising model is highly deceptive. In their defense, they reiterated that they provide free shipping and an expanded lens case- but wicked lasers provides free shipping as well, and a holster instead. It's a $35 difference since the lenses are 50 at wicked. Even the glasses that come with it are different than advertised (much cheaper looking/feeling.)

I asked for a full refund. Hopefully I won't have to pay shipping.

Last edited:
Wow, they even use the same picture as WL. The 1300mW green looks prettyninteresting too. How was their service? The laser look like it's a good quality build?

Wow, they even use the same picture as WL. The 1300mW green looks prettyninteresting too. How was their service? The laser look like it's a good quality build?

Took about 2 weeks to get here and everything is fine with it...except that it is not what is advertised to be.

That, and the glasses are cheap (and also not was is advertised).

Comes with a nice box, charger/battery and 5 lenses. I have no power meter so I cannot give an accurate measurement but it burns things, so I can only assume that it's near spec.

Last edited:
Can you post more pictures of it please? The whole package how you got it, top down view, etc,.

Idk, to me this smells of a pretty straightforward bait and switch.

Can you post more pictures of it please? The whole package how you got it, top down view, etc,.

Idk, to me this smells of a pretty straightforward bait and switch.

It most certainly does stink that stench. Here are the pics:

2e696e56.jpg

88fd80c7.jpg

c52a2ecc.jpg

734cf252.jpg

4d611852.jpg

3b528ea2.jpg

88fd80c7.jpg

225ac1d2.jpg

76277641.jpg

0fcc435b.jpg

dc69bd51.jpg

5928a7d4.jpg

b6f8cb8c.jpg

313732b1.jpg

I can take more pics at other angles if you want.

Last edited:
No, that's enough.

No doubt about it. You got scammed :( That's not a WL Arctic, and it is a whole lot cheaper.

If you haven't done so already, start a dispute, unless they refund you immediately.

Last edited:
This was my response from them:

we don't advertise it as a Wicked product and it includes a wide range of accessories on top of the free shipping. Minus the smart switch it's a comparable model. It's a true 1000mw blue laser, but if you'd like to return it for a full refund we will be happy to do that for you.

please let me know how you'd like us to proceed.

best

Colin M
biglasers.com

While it is technically true that you don't see the word wicked anywhere, they use the name Arctic and use the pictures of the Arctic....pretty deceptive.

Last edited:
They use pictures of the arctic. What you received does not match those pictures. Bait, and switch, end of story.

Ask them to send you out a return shipping tag, with tracking, so you can send it back. If they refuse, do file a dispute. You'll still have to ship the laser back unfortunately.

jakeGT

biglasers.png

Yeah, that's wickeds picture they are using. Maybe wicked will see it and tell them to take it down. That is as misleading as it gets.

they photoshopped out the logos and safety screw

but they forgot to get rid of the reflected green light from the LED