Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Big Fat Warning for yotang.com

OTOH, people just doing something because others tell them to do it (or not do it) isn't the proper way... advice is just advice, it's not an order.

And keeping the choice of buying from yotang away from the customer isn't the proper way either, for the same reason. Just because the others are good well known companies doesn't mean yotang might not have become one of them as well (I've previously remarked on the standard unfriendly reception new sellers receive around here).

EoT time for me now :wave:

I love the polite back peddling LOL.

@ Dr E, no one says you have to take the advice or that everyone should have the common sense. But that does not take away the "WE TOLD YOU SO" response LOL.

For me personally I would never recommend/mention anything without knowing the full details. Just like we all did in the other thread. But that's just me I guess.

I'm gonna break down a last reply to you, TJ.

Yes. IMO that was warranted for your comment. Note that this post is the first outreach you have done since I started the thread. Still harsh tone, but a fair post in many other aspects!

And I followed every single bit of advice I got. I did not purchase that laser. And I have not purchased anything for myself at YoTong.

Besides from the point: Do you feel insulted if I purchase from any company that *you have not dealt with* which you have stated that you do not have dealt with? Because that's what this is. And get insulted when I post a feedback.

So you prefer that I do Not share the experience? It cannot be either or here!

You should really not go about to accuse what I do and do not without a single knowledgeable fact about it. How do you know that I even initiated it as an option? THAT on the other hand is just unfair and very presumptuous.

What I can however recommend you to do is asking. "How did the conversation actually go between you and the customer?"

In every case, if he is pissing you off, just ignore him, really, what will you gain by arguing, he will never let up...

thanks for the warning! yeah yotang sucks when it comes to lasers, but i did order mobile phones from them, and with the mobile phones they are good!

Thanks for taking one for the team :D
One thing to learn on this forum is not to make it seem like you are wasting people's time - while your intentions were good and you just wanted to see whether the company was OK, and concluded that it was not, it seemed as if you first asked for advice, made people spend time answering and then ignored what they said.

A few misunderstandings (often because of a lack of body language or because of language barriers) can easily lead to someone getting offended.

While experience has taught me that many people are just stupid or impolite, I find that the best approach is still to assume that people are doing or saying things with good intentions, unless they make otherwise very evident.

You seem like a polite guy, and I see you have already written some nice reviews. No doubt you will do well here :)

Seb

I agree, lets just assume that he DID advise his mate not to purchase from yotang against all the good advice. As stated in another post mentioning peoples initial suspicions about o-like, how would you all ever know if they're good or crap?

ok fair enough yotang are a wholesaler and all things just scream "wrong! wrong! wrong!" but someones gonna have to take one for the team to find out for sure. i don't see much value to the community to just point and laugh and say "hahaha i told you so, what do you expect!?!?!"

i commend they guy for rolling the dice. people here must of debated for some time before the 1st o-like purchase just as with wicked lasers... thanks for the warning and hat off for being the risk taker.

At least now in future if anyone asks about yotang we're all that little bit wiser.

Last edited:
i commend they guy for rolling the dice. people here must of debated for some time before the 1st o-like purchase just as with wicked lasers... thanks for the warning and hat off for being the risk taker.

At least now in future if anyone asks about yotang we're all that little bit wiser.

:)

Btw. Since this thread came back from the dead I thought that I could do a summary of the outcome with yotang.

I and my customer made a decision to be a pain with yotang and not accept the product.

1) The initial discussions took about 2 weeks with daily mailing more or less consisting in "We have measured it to be low power output" and they reply "But it can light a match, so it MUST be 200mW!". (Btw, laserbee measurement @ here and beam clear TEM01 output picture here)

2) Finally after recording a 10 min video showing them this was not the case (btw available at youtube, some guy decided to apparently put it there!) they agreed on accepting a return & product replacement.

I did some bargaining and they agreed to cover for $10 of my return cost ($23 total) if they sent out a replacement the same day that they could see the tracking number. Otherwise they would pay in full my return shipping.

3) Package sent. They got the tracking number. But they did not send a replacement. Instead they stopped replying to my mails until they got the pointer all the way to China (~20 days).

4) As we grew tired of the management we required a full product refund. And now the discussion from #1 started all over again.

5) Finally (we are talking about ~1 month later) they said that best offer they could make was to replace $86 (Total transaction cost was somewhat $88). They would not refund my shipping costs even partially.

6) After accepting something rather than nothing it took about 3 weeks to get the return payment.

All in summary: Their products are rightfully expected bad. But their support management. This was a hell trip :)

All in all I think we lost $25 & ~3 months wait time (from order to money refund time) :)

In retrospect I could probably have bought a few beers.

My customer of course got a refund in full. So I took the hit to have a satisfied outcome at some part.

Mikael

Last edited:
This is my first post, so first off, Hi to everyone.

I have been playing with lasers now for about a year, first one being a red, then bought a couple of green ones off craigslist and then one off Yotang.

I bought a 200 MW of Yotang, and being some what new to all this I was fairly happy with what I got, it would burn leather ( black ) and hurt if you left it on your skin, but would not light matches or anything.

I was considering ordering a 300 MW one, from them, And thought I might do a google search on the company before I put down another 300 bucks on a laser.

I am indeed greatfull to the OP, and everyone here for their input. I think I would have regretted my purchase, and luckily for me I can learn from his mistake.

Thats whats life really about, learning from our own mistakes, or from others. He did put himself out there for a little bashing, but he saved me, and anyone else that happens to do a search a lot of money.

So thank you =)

EQDruid

The dumbest people I know are those who know it all.

the customer service of yutong is not good really.
they don't know the value to be an honest and reliable seller.