Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Big Fat Warning for yotang.com

Jaseth

I was just about to write "Burn!" when I realized.. that is exactly what it does not.
BAM

D'oh!!!

homer_simpson.jpg

S

schmag

wow. I think there was some seriously uncalled for posts here.
someone was bringing something to light and all of a sudden he is being bashed for it. by people with more posts and higher rep power. isn't this supposed to be a community/forum here to try to help people out and share a hobby that we enjoy.
these are reasons why people don't like internet forums.

I do agree with you about folks being a little too hard on the OP, but post #2 by dr-ebert is dead on and not ignorant. Once that was said, it should have been left alone.

You'll never find a true 200mW green laser for $76.00. If you see one, you should expect it to be under spec. Many Chinese companies will say anything to make a sale since it doesn't matter what happens after they get your money. The buyer has no recourse except to file a claim with paypal (if paypal was used).

The whole point of this section of the forum is to do exactly what the OP did. Now we know not to do business with yotang.

Jaseth

I was just having fun :(

Thanks for the info OP, now I am 100% rather than 99.9% sure that I won't buy from yotang.

Using a c0ld (our admin) term: Please don't get interfended. Most of the time we are only fooling around with meanish comments. The large majority of people here are extremely kind and welcoming.

Seb

ElektroFreak & schmag, Thank You.

And, agreeable in all aspects.

People are definitely making valid points about the too-good-to-be-true-deals.

And i did not mean to blow dr-ebert off with the comment. I am sorry if it looked that way. He is all correct. What the story (I) failed to tell is that I actually recommended him not wanting to order this pointer due to all the warnings above may come true. It's an experience. And now it's shared. :)

S

schmag

Jaseth you are right most people are quite nice and friendly that I have seen. the thing was is this is the first post I have looked at in over a week. if you can imagine the impression I got.

Jaseth

Thanks for taking one for the team :D
One thing to learn on this forum is not to make it seem like you are wasting people's time - while your intentions were good and you just wanted to see whether the company was OK, and concluded that it was not, it seemed as if you first asked for advice, made people spend time answering and then ignored what they said.

A few misunderstandings (often because of a lack of body language or because of language barriers) can easily lead to someone getting offended.

While experience has taught me that many people are just stupid or impolite, I find that the best approach is still to assume that people are doing or saying things with good intentions, unless they make otherwise very evident.

You seem like a polite guy, and I see you have already written some nice reviews. No doubt you will do well here :)

Seb

Hey I was just acting the part. I was called immature LOL.

I did find it insulting that once again (and it happens all the time here) people ask for advice, they get it, and then do just the opposite. Then when it blows up in their face they cry. You cant use ignorance as an excuse because we warned you, and also its just plain common sense. Then you have the nerve to say you are giving us the "tip". You should have never pointed your customer to Yotang when we already gave you a list of good well known companies. You put your customer in a position were you wouldn't put yourself, which is worst. You recommended him not to buy the pointer? You should of never gave him Yotang as an option to begin with. You are a real nice guy to share how you screwed your customer. Thanks.

And i did not mean to blow dr-ebert off with the comment. I am sorry if it looked that way. He is all correct. What the story (I) failed to tell is that I actually recommended him [...]
What? No, I didn't feel you were responding harshly to my comment, not at all. (I did have to look at your posting above some time to see that "recommended him" refers to the customer for whom you got the laser, not me - the first interpretation didn't make sense).

And one thing's for certain - while selling lasers (or anything) that's considerably off spec is not unusual, it's certainly nothing that should be promoted, so warning others to not buy them is a good thing.

As they say, chalk it up to experience, and move on...

Last edited:
S

schmag

say dr. I am right with you on rule number 2 of your sig. unfortunately searching costed me a lot of time and anguish. but by golly my laser is made, works well. and I didn't make a single post until it was completed and working.

I'm gonna break down a last reply to you, TJ.

Hey I was just acting the part. I was called immature LOL.

Yes. IMO that was warranted for your comment. Note that this post is the first outreach you have done since I started the thread. Still harsh tone, but a fair post in many other aspects!

Tech_Junkie said:
I did find it insulting that once again (and it happens all the time here) people ask for advice, they get it, and then do just the opposite. Then when it blows up in their face they cry.

And I followed every single bit of advice I got. I did not purchase that laser. And I have not purchased anything for myself at YoTong.

Besides from the point: Do you feel insulted if I purchase from any company that *you have not dealt with* which you have stated that you do not have dealt with? Because that's what this is. And get insulted when I post a feedback.

Tech_Junkie said:
Then you have the nerve to say you are giving us the "tip". You should have never pointed your customer to Yotang when we already gave you a list of good well known companies.

So you prefer that I do Not share the experience? It cannot be either or here!

Tech_Junkie said:
You put your customer in a position were you wouldn't put yourself, which is worst. You recommended him not to buy the pointer?

You should really not go about to accuse what I do and do not without a single knowledgeable fact about it. How do you know that I even initiated it as an option? THAT on the other hand is just unfair and very presumptuous.

What I can however recommend you to do is asking. "How did the conversation actually go between you and the customer?"

Last edited: