Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BFG (Phraug) beamshots.

T

timelord

I can't wait for mine to arrive now my Viper is being used by Lazergirl and the Aries well ::) I'll never get bored with that beast ;D ;D I'm looking forward to something else to play with ;)
I've also got a new Lab laser coming as a gift from Dragon lasers, I've never owned a lab laser before so I'm gonna have some serious green in my life :cool: :cool: :cool:

Kemon does the front of the laser unscrew too enable one access the lenses ? If so could you post some photos ? The reason I'm asking is, I'd like to know what I need to do if I purchase this laser in order to swap the lenses for new ones. I'd like to have parts machined so that I may change the beam divergence to a lower mrd and do so neatly. Thanks

Kenom

The cap does come off.  Now I know it does cause I can see the seperation.  However I have not been able to get the cap off and am going to use the famous HEMLOCK method.  cut a hole in a peice of wood and cut that in half.  I'm actually going to cut several holes in mine in varying diameter so I've got different sized holes for different sized caps.  The instant I've got it off I will post pictures of it.

I do have to comment that the size of the optics inside the head are very large compared to smaller pointer type lasers. without being able to measure it I'm thinking it's somewhere in the range of 1/2 inch

You will also be happy to know that I used this thing like 10-20 minutes at a time in order to get some of my pictures and NOT ONCE did it get hot. It got warm to the touch but no warmer than it would be from sitting in someone's hand for a long period of time. I can honestly say that I love the duty cycle on this thing. JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!
100% DUTY CYCLE AND 100+MW

Now if I can only get that diode from my dad that has a huge heatsink on it I might have a lab laser. :)

Kenom

here are pics of the head off.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 156

Kenom

and the last.

Attachments

• Image2_001.jpg
    Image2_001.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 139
Kenom said:
and another

Thanks Kemon. If you don't mind I've have a few more ?'s for you. Looking at this photo I see that the lens sits within a mount that can be unscrewed. Looking at this can you determine visually how difficult it would be to unscrew the mount. I also see that there is a seam where the mount meets the main body of the modules. Do you see what I'm refering too ? Can you tell if that part is threaded ?

S

SenKat

I would personally recommend against further disassembly unless it is broken - one wrong twist of the module will leave you cussing for hours - my $.02 (U.S.)

Here's some close up pics. I will try to be more active on the forums to address any questions. Making these lasers available is more of my own personal interest than a full time job though, so I'll try to be prompt with any inquiries, but no promises :)

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 134
Here's a close up of the cap removed and you are looking at the collimator lens. The white paste you see on the pics from other people is not as visible in mine. It is a silver thermal compound similar to the kind used in your CPU heat sink.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 176

Freyth

I must say that the work done on these lasers are top-notch. I don't see any rough edges or unfinished looking parts.

S

SenKat

They are VERY nicely put together :) Wish I could take credit for it ! :cool:

My intent is not to remove the module just the lens mount so that I may customize the divergence of the beam.
This lens mount setup looks the same as what I did with a leadlight, after I had some new parts machined. Looks easy to disassemble the lens mount and lens mount holder.

Is the adhesive used to hold the lens mount in place epoxy or a solvent based adhesive. You can tell the difference, epoxy becomes hard whereas solvent adhesives remain a bit soft.

Kenom do you think you could upload some vids of it lighting matches or slicing electrical tape, I want to see how it does with those, I already know it will destroy balloons from your other vid.