Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Best way to clean snawu x3 optical expander

leon1603

I have a "very small" problem I accidently got my optical expander a little bit dirty (it's actually a bit funny, I tried to blow dust with compressed air for electronics, and instead of the air a bit of liquid gas shot out of the can and leave residue) I tried clean it with microfiber cloth but it didnt really clean it 100% do u think that alcohol pads will do fine or I should clean it with something else. It just has a very big lens on front what is very easy to smear and it catches dust like crazy, Im a little bit afraid of damaging its antireflection layer and significant loss of power.

Gazen

You can get a lenpen from amazon for your lenses, should work.

leon1603

I think I'll go with isopropyl alcohol, also I need to clean main lens in my thor, the smoke is making it dirty, what is the best material to wipe it from isopropyl alcohol, can I use normal cotton? I tried with some "special optic pads" and they leaved residue.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

I have a foolproof way of cleaning 3 element lenses even when the AR coating gets burnt ......I buy new ones. :D

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Some people here think I'm kidding.
Some people here think I'm stupid.
Some people here think I'm crazy.

I still swear by super elastic bubble plastic to clean my optics. I use it just like First Contact and it's never let me down. (not for use on acrylic optics. Glass only!)