Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best torch for about $50-100

370 lumens at 1 amp with an R5, no way. It's rated for 348-370 LED lumens at that current, and torch lumens would probably be less than 320 lumens after reflector & lens. Not that Lumapower is bad company, they're great, they just overrate the products.

Exerd

Yeah...that's pretty common with just about any light, Lumapower didn't say "OTF". I don't know if I have crossed a light that outputs exactly what it says based on test data. But, even at 320 OTF lumens, we are talking about a 16340 light the size of your thumb. Tell me that's not nuts in the world of LED lights! :evil: There was talk on CPF of the R2 version of the Incendio light rated at 250 lumens being the brightest 16340 light, and now they upped that rating by a longshot.

Of course, if you know where there is a light running on a 16340 that beats it, I'd love to hear. :)

All these new LEDs are about the best thing I could have asked for lately. I now get to shoot at nighttime instead of during the hot day. I set the light on a tripod aimed at the targets. Saves me from sweat and mirage during the daylight, and gets me out and messing with the lasers more, too.

I just bought a Zebralight H31 forehead light rated at 220lm. I can't wait to get it. Finally I can have a bright light strapped right to my head! H31 Headlamp CR123 220Lm

Will it damage the light to hold it while gripping a rifle with the same hand? I wanted to go night shooting, but I'm concerned to use anything bigger than a .22.

I will soon be getting the iTP A1 EOS, 16mm shorter than the IncenDio, RCR powered, and a Q5 with 190 lumens for 1.6 hours! Considering that the Q5 is rated for ~250 lumens, I'm assuming it isn't overrated... This would be my first super small LED light. :D Can't wait. That Zebralight sounds awesome, it would definately be my first choice for a headlight too.

Exerd

Will it damage the light to hold it while gripping a rifle with the same hand? I wanted to go night shooting, but I'm concerned to use anything bigger than a .22.

I don't think it would hurt a light.

I use my 550 lumen light as a bicycle headlight. I have the TwoFish Cycleblock rubber mount for the bars. Anyways, I stole the mount off my handlebars, and placed it around my camera tripod center tube. What I do is I set the tripod about 20 feet from the target and illuminate it. Then I walk back to the bench, and use the forehead light to do whatever I need to at the bench, like loading ammo and shooting. I actually found the red map light on the cheap headlight I have to be of great value for pistol shooting. I turn the red light on, and it doesn't flare the sights up too brightly, but causes them to create a perfect silhouette for the night shooting, and gives more of my focus to the lit target, exactly what is wanted.