Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best settings for beamshots.

Try the "Night shot" mode, seriously. High ISO, play with exposures. I don't know that camera model, but I believe it's not a DSLR so you can't play a lot with settings.

I tried what phoenix77 posted yesterday, nightshot or fireworks mode with 4 sec long exposure time, the camera was stable all the time, so was the laser, but nothing :/

I guess this one is a little better :p. I 'll take more later. Used 4 s exposure time.
100_0891.jpg

Hey Silvershot, didn't you get my PM about Kodak Easyshare cameras & the settings that I sent to you ? Didn't it help you any ?.................rob

I have a $100 kodak and the only way for me to get beam shots are with the night settings on, in the dark with smoke, and at an angle very close to either end of the beam... I have to be careful though. lol

Benm

I guess this one is a little better :p. I 'll take more later. Used 4 s exposure time.

It's getting there - at least a clearly visible beam. I think its still somewhat underexposed, but that depends on what you wanted to make too.

What you still need is stability. If you are using a tripod to support the camera, a really neat trick to get perfect steady shots is using the self-timer. The few seconds delay between button press and shutter opening allows the camera to stablize from the motion created by pressing the button.

On heavy cameras like SLR's this isnt a problem, but it can make a huge improvement when using a compact, specially if it doesnt have an image stabilizer.

SS, I must have sent that PM during a shutdown for maintenance period, so I resent the info. in a regular post, earlier. So you HAVE all the info. that was sent in that PM, already. All I can add is to listen to the other suggestions about, a tripod, & a shutter delay mode besides what I already told you. Sorry, & Good Luck..............rob

SS, I must have sent that PM during a shutdown for maintenance period, so I resent the info. in a regular post, earlier. So you HAVE all the info. that was sent in that PM, already. All I can add is to listen to the other suggestions about, a tripod, & a shutter delay mode besides what I already told you. Sorry, & Good Luck..............rob

Lol, are you sure you sent me that pm? I don't see any...

Best settings for beamshots

aajvs99 wrote:i presonally diddnt like it. maybe cause i had the settings a bit off. but then again i usually listen to rap/hard rock and that isnt really the EQ i would use.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

Sorry guys I had a tiring day, got up early in the morning, had a biology exam then went to the dentist.. I am just angry because I have a good camera and I don't see why it can't catch beamshots. I mean, it has so many options and funtcions.. Anyway, chipdouglas, the camera does not have a night shot setting.. And something you need to know is that if I put long time exposure to 4 seconds, the picture its hell bright. and even the laser dot cannot be seen...

If it is brand new, the best thing you can do is sit down and read the manual for your camera cover to cover. Don't skim. You have the tools to know everything about your camera right in your hands. I know it is easier just to ask people "Hey I have XXXXX model camera...how do I set it to take beam shots" but it is very unlikely someone here has the same exact camera and can help you with specifics. Even a better model of the same brand really won't help much. The only thing we can say is to lengthen the exposure time but there may be other settings preventing you from taking a good beam shot.

My suggestion is to just read the manual front cover to back cover and get to know what all the functions are for and will do. Once you have that, then you can figure out what settings you need to change to get the beam shots.

I think you might want to consider getting a book on basic photography which explains things like focal length, shutter speed, aperature/f-stop and depth of field.

I had nearly the same problem you did but I sat down with my manual, learned what everything did on the camera and now beam shots are easy. I also have signed up for an amature photography class...but that's because photography is another hobby of mine I am getting more and more serious about.

Last edited: