Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Safety Glasses?

Which company online has the best safety glasses for a 445nm laser?

It needs to be in the US, and I want them to be quality, and on the cheap side.

Needing 2 pair prolly, so my friend can also watch when I burn matches. :D

I seen CajunLasers, but they seem to only have a select few, and looked expensive IMO...

Just want advice from the community, before jumping on a deal. Thanks everyone.

I have to second (or third) Infinitus's post. I have them ARG's and they're totally worth it.

I should do a video but I finally found they are actually much better than the Uvex safety goggles with specular reflections.

While trying to solder with light, I realized the reflections were hitting me pretty intensively with my Uvex goggles that it made my goggles "glow" and was quite uncomfortablly bright to bear. I switched to my ARG's and immediately I felt a difference: absolutely no uncomfortable intensity and almost like nothing was hitting me.

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference by just looking at the dot on a wall with both glasses. They looked identical then.

Cool, thanks. Just been wanting some so I can light matches. Too scared to without glasses..

Spend the money on good glasses. Seriously. You get two eyes and you don't want to ruin them with a reflected 2W laser beam. Read the thread in the Safety forum about what happened to xoul when he took a 1W beam to the eye.

Anyhow to answer your question the ALG glasses mentioned above are excellent. I think something like 15 pairs were ordered in the recent group buy. I have the AL3 filter in mine 445 glasses and like them a lot.

Aw too bad you missed the recent groupbuy. Buy the OEM laser systems goggles. They work really well

Cool can you show me a link?

On a side note, if the laser beam hit a wall about 5ft away for a split second, will it hurt my eyes?

I was on the porch, and the beam accidently hit the 4x4 wood pole that is on our porch, and I looked away instantly, but always scared of stuff like that. Nothing seems real blurry, just alittle teeny bit, but at this time of the night, my eyes are always blurry due to dry contacts. It wasn't anything serious, I'm just OCD about my eye and teeth health.

If you take a direct reflection off the wall yes it can cause damage. How much depends on the laser's power and distance which is why any time you're working near the beam/spot you should have glasses on. Of course there will be times when you won't be waring them like when you're admiring the handy work from your latest build (aka admiring the beam). Just be sure in situations like that the laser is either on a stable surface where it can't roll/fall causing an injury like xoul's or if you're hand holding it there's no reflective surfaces, including close white walls, that it can reflect off of.

A healthy level of paranoia is needed when handling lasers, but the diffuse reflection off of most walls will not cause damage. Not at the handheld powers that we are playing with.

The real danger lies in actually reflective surfaces, and there are a ton of them around us all the time.