Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best rechargeable 18650 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price is higher because there is a bigger number printed on the label ;-)

3000mAh is much more capacity than 2200mAh. The difference that isn't advertised is the actual capacity. AW cells generally will match their advertised ratings. ___Fire brand cells will just print whatever capacity is popular at the time, plus a hundred or so mAh just for kicks.

DKS

The price is higher because there is a bigger number printed on the label ;-)

3000mAh is much more capacity than 2200mAh. The difference that isn't advertised is the actual capacity. AW cells generally will match their advertised ratings. ___Fire brand cells will just print whatever capacity is popular at the time, plus a hundred or so mAh just for kicks.

Yeah, but you can get that exact battery (300mAh, and I'm holding 3 of them right now, for Free with a laser from o-like, or $6.79 separately from them. Or you can go on Amazon and get 2 of them for $7 shipped all day long.

What I'm saying is, why does he sell the good AW's for way cheaper than the POS UF's when he knows you can get the UF for a dime a dozen. I just can't imagine a reputable vendor trying to sell a known POS for more than he sells a known "good" cell for. Just doesn't make sense.

Like having a new Tahoe and a used Bronco II on the same lot and trying to charge more for the Bronco II when you know the used car lot down the street has them for a 1/10th of the price of the one you're selling.

I see what you're saying, and maybe he's just hoping somebody just looks at the numbers and says "hey, this is better, I don't mind spending more on it" and not know what a POS it is. That way he can turn a huge profit on the UFs vs a much less profit he would get on the AWs. I just think if it was me, I'd not do it that way. Cause, if someone buys that one for higher, then realizes it's junk, they probably won't come back to buy a much cheaper battery from you that's in reality a better battery cause they already think the "better, more expensive" stuff you sell is already junk.

Last edited:
A good vendor would NOT sell the underperforming UF cells . . .

Buy ONLY the name brands.

LarryDFW

I'm a bit surprised that Brenner is taking as much heat as he is here.

As far as I can tell he answered the question asked honestly and with accurate information. It also isn't clear why he should be labeled as "biased". The fact is, everyone has opinions. When someone tries to profit while expressing their opinions, that doesn't make them wrong or unreasonable.

If they have a commercial interest and they don't reveal it some might consider that an ethical challenge. However, I don't think Brenner did that either.

Personally, I feel that I benefited from his perspective. His comments struck me as honest and informed and his commercial affiliation disclosed and at no time did he _actively_ push his commercial connection.

I'm a bit surprised that Brenner is taking as much heat as he is here.

As far as I can tell he answered the question asked honestly and with accurate information. It also isn't clear why he should be labeled as "biased". The fact is, everyone has opinions. When someone tries to profit while expressing their opinions, that doesn't make them wrong or unreasonable.

If they have a commercial interest and they don't reveal it some might consider that an ethical challenge. However, I don't think Brenner did that either.

Personally, I feel that I benefited from his perspective. His comments struck me as honest and informed and his commercial affiliation disclosed and at no time did he _actively_ push his commercial connection.

Although I agree with most of your post, it was obvious he was pushing his product. Which is OK, but IMO he took it personal and went a little overboard.

BIGGUN

And so did those that negative repped him for defending his position.

He was confronted with untrue prices and comparisons that made no sense, like

"While the panasonics are no doubt great, they are overkill for a 50mW green laser....

A protected AW will do the just as well. Sochine and solarforce batteries will also work well.

Personally I'd rather spring for two of these, over one of the panasonics.

AW 18650 Protected 2200 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery"

So the "overkill" was less expensive than the others that were recommended. :wtf:

Brenner's next post calmly tried to straighten it out.

" I would be very careful with AW batteries in that link , and Ultrafire charger.
If you want to pay $17 for one 2200mAh AW , or 21 for 2x 3100mAh Panasonic, then....
Do your math- there is nothing "budget" here- just overpriced low capacity battery , and overpriced low quality charger ($18+ $4-$5 shipping ).
Be very careful with these prices , and what are you getting for your money.
Again, you do the math it is your money. "

After that is when the argueing started and more than one person got out of line. Multiple people jumped on the neg rep crap and tagged a seller that did nothing wrong in sales because he chose to argue back about a point that he was right about!

Those reps should have been pulled and the ones abusing the rep eature should have been reprimanded.

So congratulations. Brenner hasn't posted since.
Way to alienate sellers of good products. :gj:

Kevin

Last edited:
And so did those that negative repped him for defending his position.

And so now you're bringing the topic back up because....?

Forum has been around long before me, you, or TJ, should we be expecting you to go through every thread and put in your $0.02?

He was confronted with untrue prices and comparisons that made no sense, like

"While the panasonics are no doubt great, they are overkill for a 50mW green laser....

A protected AW will do the just as well. Sochine and solarforce batteries will also work well.

Personally I'd rather spring for two of these, over one of the panasonics.

AW 18650 Protected 2200 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery"

So the "overkill" was less expensive than the others that were recommended. :wtf:

That's funny... I actually admitted to making a mistake, and addressed the issue in this post here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/best-rechargeable-18650-battery-72034.html#post1036888

You skipped over that because....?

Brenner's next post calmly tried to straighten it out.

" I would be very careful with AW batteries in that link , and Ultrafire charger.
If you want to pay $17 for one 2200mAh AW , or 21 for 2x 3100mAh Panasonic, then....
Do your math- there is nothing "budget" here- just overpriced low capacity battery , and overpriced low quality charger ($18+ $4-$5 shipping ).
Be very careful with these prices , and what are you getting for your money.
Again, you do the math it is your money. "

After that is when the argueing started and more than one person got out of line. Multiple people jumped on the neg rep crap and tagged a seller that did nothing wrong in sales because he chose to argue back about a point that he was right about!

Nope... it started right here:

I know what I am talking about. You've got it all wrong.

Generally a Cry of I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I SAY SO, is not a good way to get your point across.

Those reps should have been pulled and the ones abusing the rep eature should have been reprimanded.

The Rep feature is available for anyone to use, including him, and you. There was no abuse here. IMO he's a pushy sales guy, who's only interest was in promoting his products, and I left him a comment reflecting my opinion.

So congratulations. Brenner hasn't posted since.
Way to alienate sellers of good products. :gj:

Kevin

What are you his mother? Well mommy dearest, your boy should really get a thicker skin, and not start out with pompous statements, while trying to shove his products, whatever they are, down everyone's throats.

BIGGUN

Although I agree with most of your post, it was obvious he was pushing his product. Which is OK, but IMO he took it personal and went a little overboard.

I'm not the one who brought it back up. Just posted some of my thoughts about WHO went overboard once it was......and didn't get negative repped for it.

That just happened to be where you took offense. Might not have been anymore confrontational than your post was taken. And he didn't just end his thread there.....he explained where you were mistaken.

He wasn't treated very fairly. I didn't quote the thread where you said you didn't know the 3100 price was for two because I didn't see that you posted it. Sorry. It's good to see that you came back to set the record straight. However He actually sales protected 3100's for 12.99 each and the charger for $20 so they would have been about $46 shipped which was still cheaper. Which he didn't push.

I was actually more impressed with your post # 26. :)

As for the rep feature, rule # 2.

2. Don't use the rep system for personal vendeta... unless you made a purchase from another member and they screwed you.

You guys created a whole thread of misinformation, with one obscure correction, that could hurt his future sales. Then on top of making people think that his batteries are MORE expensive than lighthouse you give him negative rep when you haven't purchased from him because he was pointing out your mathematical errors.

TJ is normally rude and errogant....yet very knowledgable, so I take his posts with a grain of salt. :) You, however, were not normally that way. That's why it suprises me.

Even after you realized your mistake you repped him. :(

Kevin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.