Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laser for pointing out tree limbs 100ft away in daylight looking at sanwu lasers

Holdenwoods

I need the most visible daytime laser any recommendations?? Any price point

Hi You Need a visible laser , Well this forum needs a welcome introduction first before we can discuss your needs. Go to the welcome section and tell us a little about yourself first. People in hell need ice water too.

Rich:)

Holdenwoods

Hi You Need a visible laser , Well this forum needs a welcome introduction first before we can discuss your needs. Go to the welcome section and tell us a little about yourself first. People in hell need ice water too.

Rich:)

What laser would you recommend?

Will there be a person in the tree ?

If you are going to stand on the ground and point out limbs to be cut with a saw man in the tree then you should know that any laser over 5mw can be dangerous to the human eye, you must not point a laser at a person or a vehicle and if you will be pointing up into trees know that pointing at an aircraft is a very big deal so make certain that you don't.

That said a green laser would be the most visible and for only 100 feet you could use something like a 50mw, if there is going to be a saw man in the tree you may want to defocus it as well for added safety and if it's going to be a work tool then something waterproof and with a direct diode rather than dpss for durability and longevity also with a rechargeable battery that can be swapped out in the field.

Possibly something like this > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...680645&hash=item1a64ba1d18:g:dioAAOSwFu1b5PxR

Also this diving laser is made for harsh environments and should be simple to clean up with it's screw on lens cover/window. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...414686&hash=item33ef951aac:g:da4AAOSwY3tbTDdr

Last edited:

Holdenwoods

Will there be a person in the tree ?

If you are going to stand on the ground and point out limbs to be cut with a saw man in the tree then you should know that any laser over 5mw can be dangerous to the human eye, you must not point a laser at a person or a vehicle and if you will be pointing up into trees know that pointing at an aircraft is a very big deal so make certain that you don't.

That said a green laser would be the most visible and for only 100 feet you could use something like a 50mw, if there is going to be a saw man in the tree you may want to defocus it as well for added safety and if it's going to be a work tool then something waterproof and with a direct diode rather than dpss for durability and longevity also with a rechargeable battery that can be swapped out in the field.

Possibly something like this > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...680645&hash=item1a64ba1d18:g:dioAAOSwFu1b5PxR

Also this diving laser is made for harsh environments and should be simple to clean up with it's screw on lens cover/window. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...414686&hash=item33ef951aac:g:da4AAOSwY3tbTDdr

No one will be in the tree, when giving estimates Sometimes I have disabled customers who want specific limbs cut and can’t walk out into the yard, if they are 80ft away from a tree limb they want cut I need something bright enough to reach out and brightly illuminate a limb from 80 ft Away from tree and up to 80 ft up the tree

#1 Be aware of reflections from clear glass windows, you can get a partial specular reflection.

Yes the 50mw green spot is visible at 100 feet away and 100 feet up a tree in the daylight but if you want it to be easily visible for older people you may want to get the 1w 525nm which will make an easily visible spot in the treetops in the daylight................however I don't know about the legality of using a laser over 5mw for commerce or what permits or license you may need, I had read that putting on a laser show requires a variance and if even 1 person is looking at your laser in the course of you doing business then you could be in violation of the law.

A person could get one of the ebay listed as 5mw which are all really 40-80mw and if anyone ever ask they could simply say it's 5mw as that's what they purchased, but if they bought an advertised 1w and ever have any issues then they could be in additional trouble, this is just my opinion and I can't tell you what to do, however I can understand how a person would want to error on the side of caution and plausible deniability and not use any more power than necessary, the basic ebay greenie will make a green dot that you can see at 100 feet away and 100 feet up a tree and it won't stand out as something ridiculous if used at dusk.

It's easy and inexpensive to test one and see just remember to be safe.

@Holdenwoods
if your in UK TRY MY LINK

Green is best
Be safe and wear safety goggles, also watch out for people..............
i bought this for a friend who needed same as you Holden
i got him this as it comes with box ,battery, charger etc £8.99 3 DAYS AND IT ARRIVED

Last edited: