Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Best Fog machine for the money

Livinloud

i agree, you get the highest quality product possible but what i do is get the best quality at the lowest price. if the lowest price ends up being amazon then so be it but last halloween i saw numerous 400W fog machines for $20 WITH a gallon of fog juice in shops so ill wait and see if this sale continues this year. that saved $40 will go towards a new host, diode or something else. i cant bring myself to spend $200 on a laser but i see your point on some of the members.

phoenix77

Just an FYI, if you wait till AFTER HALLOWEEN like I did, you can get a qt. of fog juice with the machine. Gotta shop fast though, they go FAST....... rob

brucemir

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Lininloud, I hope you know I mean you no disrespect.If you are happy with your purchases and I am happy with mine, we are all happy, PEACE

Livinloud

Hi Lininloud, I hope you know I mean you no disrespect.If you are happy with your purchases and I am happy with mine, we are all happy, PEACE
oh no, i didnt take it as that at all. im sure ill be happy with my purchase and i try to save as much money as possible whenever i can. today, companies are only worried about one thing and one thing only, their wallets. if i can get the same product and quality at a cheaper price then heck ill take that in a heartbeat! i look after my wallet and make sure they dont pad theirs. lasers are darn expensive so the more money i can save and put towards rent or even more lasers, the happier i am

no disrespect taken and none given :beer:

fat0panda

Ive been thinking of getting a fog machine as well because i cant take any decent beam shots so im thinking of trying to make my own, i would probably be cheaper.

tsk1979

Go to an Indian store and buy incense. Do not buy the "sticks". Buy the putty. It costs around 2-3rs in India, so 1$ will get you a lot in the USA.
I plan to buy some here, and show its effectiveness. Not a good idea however if you are allergic to smoke. On the bright side, the room smells really nice.

fat0panda

Great idea tsk +rep, but are you sure it will make enough smoke to see the beam? and if you get some could you post some pic please :D

tsk1979

Great idea tsk +rep, but are you sure it will make enough smoke to see the beam? and if you get some could you post some pic please :D
Sure... will do. Get some today, and then post a video in this thread :)

tsk1979

Okay, today I purchased a pack of incense sticks, for 15 INR (less than 30 cents). The room was medium sized, with a big door kept open. Within 5 minutes there was enough smoke for the 5mw Greenie from Dealextreme(Could be around 20mW actual) for the beam to show with fluorescent tube light on.

Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5a0DRZ_nAs

Last edited:

Livinloud

tsk, to put YT videos in you only put the part after the = sign like this

*YT*B5a0DRZ_nAs*/YT* replace the * with [ or ] respectively

Laik

Thanks for that :beer: I'm smoking up my room now. :D

tsk1979

tsk that doesn't look like 5mW laser,but i can be wrong.
The beam is totally invisible without the smoke. But yes, its around 15-20mw actual(typical dx overspec)

tsk, to put YT videos in you only put the part after the = sign like this

*YT*B5a0DRZ_nAs*/YT* replace the * with [ or ] respectively

Thanks for the tip! corrected my post!
Thanks for that :beer: I'm smoking up my room now. :D
In the indian store this type of incense is called "Dhooph"
If you keep door closed and light up two, you will have a proper smokified room!