Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



best choices for Mp3 Mp4 portable players

InfinitusEquitas

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
15,445
Points
113
My point and shoot camera is a Sony DSC-TX10... that also handily beats out any phone camera that I've seen to date, and is actually quite a bit smaller than a pack of cigarettes and a lot smaller than my phones. My primary objective in selecting it was lowlight performance actually, and the fact that it's "waterproof" which to me means it should at least survive in my pocket should I end up getting drenched in the rain.

Can't remember the last time I used it. The camera on the Note 5 is not perfect, but it is VERY good and produces very crisp saturated photos. What's surprising, is that in close quarters it even does ok with low lighting, though not at night.
 



Benm

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
8,113
Points
113
It depends a bit on how you take photos really.

Personally i prefer something with full manual exposure control, allowing to play with depth of field and such. Smartphone camera's rarely have anything close to that, and with there small maximum apertures it would not be much good anyway.

That said i don't use it for all photos. In fact, i think i take about 80 to 90% of them just in 'program' mode with only adjustment for light conditions and/or some exposure adjustment for contrast-rich or poor scenes.

I guess i could take over 80% of my photos with a phone camera without much loss of quality, but then again, the nicest images are often in the other 20% ;)
 




Top