Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best cheap laser??

I've been looking for the last couple of days probably racking up maybe 10 hours of searching and reading and i've basically come up with the idea that some companies tend to lie about the output of their units. i've seen lasers for £7.77 and up to stupid amounts like thousends. Anyway i'm looking at the lower end maybe upto £100 but i dont want to waste my money and get something useless. I'm looking for something with a really good beam that can be seen for miles at night and would be cool if it can be seen during the day and also to burn some stuff. I like the idea of how cheap the dx 200mw green laser is but after some research it seems as though its hit and miss wether you get a good one. I also love the blue beam on their website of the wicked lasers Spyder III Pro Arctic Series ?? is this a good laser someone on here said its not a good deal. so i thought i'd ask the question, any help would be appreciated as i am a noob. (i know these are serious bits of kit and i'm not going to be shining them at planes):lasergun:

thanks for the help i will just buy the WL artic blue for $197 and hope for the best

thanks for the help i will just buy the WL artic blue for $197 and hope for the best
WOAH that's alot of power you're asking for for a noob. Have you even handled a cheapo 5mW green laser? I'd start off small before going that high. I hope you know how to protect your eyes and skin if you're getting something that powerful.

You waited a whole one hour and thirty-five minutes for help...if you want a nice beginner laser, that's powerful, go with the Optotronics 100mW pen (Optotronics Product Details), if I did my conversions right, you'll have a little left over after buying it, and they're almost always overspec by a fair amount of power. I also strongly recommend getting a pair of safety glasses for this laser.

i have ordered my laser i just thought that noone had time for such a shit question that they have heard time and time again there were 260 people viewing the general tab when i posted and 45 people had viewed it but hadn't answered. anways i have used a cheap 5mw greenie from fleabay before and it was good, wasn't powerful enough to burn a thing but it did reach the sky on a misty night when camping, that has what made me to get one of my own. i have glasses coming and i'm not going to be stupid with it as i realise it can be dangerous when misused. thanks Fletch

i have ordered my laser i just thought that noone had time for such a shit question that they have heard time and time again there were 260 people viewing the general tab when i posted and 45 people had viewed it but hadn't answered. anways i have used a cheap 5mw greenie from fleabay before and it was good, wasn't powerful enough to burn a thing but it did reach the sky on a misty night when camping, that has what made me to get one of my own. i have glasses coming and i'm not going to be stupid with it as i realise it can be dangerous when misused. thanks Fletch

Hello, I would strongly suggest you to practice with a 100-200mW laser for a bit. Keep in mind that ONE MILLISECOND of Spyder III Pro will result in the person becoming PERMANENTLY blind in one eye for the rest of his/her life. If you are going to use Spyder III Pro, then DO NOT ever shine with people near you. Luck is all I can wish you.

May I ask how old you are by the way?

Granddad knew a barber. The sign outside the door to the shop said "Fast, Quality, Low Price, pick any 2 and you will be happy. Demand all 3 and you will only find disappointment."

He used to tell it much better then I, but the point was well taken.

i am 29 next week and was hoping it would be here for my birthday as my girlfriend has brought it for me. would a 200mw laser not do similar damage to the eye? maybe 2 milliseconds i will just keep the training lense on except maybe to see how good the beam is on a clear night see how far i can see it without the clouds stopping it i bet it will reach out of this galaxy lol. i am not expecting that mine will get here any time soon my order is between 50000-60000. as i am new to this will i need the lense kit that everyone is adding to their order? thanks

Ash

i am 29 next week and was hoping it would be here for my birthday as my girlfriend has brought it for me. would a 200mw laser not do similar damage to the eye? maybe 2 milliseconds i will just keep the training lense on except maybe to see how good the beam is on a clear night see how far i can see it without the clouds stopping it i bet it will reach out of this galaxy lol. i am not expecting that mine will get here any time soon my order is between 50000-60000. as i am new to this will i need the lense kit that everyone is adding to their order? thanks
In the meantime (because you will be waiting over a month for the Arctic), you should invest in a cheap 50mW green (pop balloons, cut electrical tape, smoke leather, light matches w/magnifying glass): http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm
Or, you could get a 100mW from O-like or Rayfoss:
100mW transformable green laser/adjustable [OLV6100] - $81.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
www.rayfoss.com
and you would be able to burn more stuff (because they are focusable) and they are 100mW.
But, for any power >5mW safety glasses are recommended, and for powers >50mW (or for burning) you Need to use the correct safety glasses.
Red-lens glasses protect against Green lasers.
Green-lens glasses protect against Red lasers.
Yellow-lens glasses protect against bluray (purple) lasers.
Other glasses protect you from multiple wavelengths (including dangerous Infra Red lasers).
Keep your eyesight, buy adequate OD3+ safety glasses for the particular laser you are getting. :cool:
Good Luck. :beer:

I wouldn't trust that company, I've never heard of them. And just because they look the same doesn't mean they're the same power.

Ash

now what do you think these are they seem to be the same but when you look further down one says 20mw and the other says 200mw????????

200mw 532nm Blue-Violet Laser Pointer projector-Pen (Black)

200mw 532nm Blue-Violet Laser Pointer Star projector-Pen (Black)

also what about this one

100mW 532nm Green Beam Starry Laser Pointer (Black)

thanks for the info
When companies don't even care to differentiate between 532 and 405 you are probably taking a gamble on the output, quality, etc...
Go with one of the trusted sellers we posted about,... or go here and learn a bit:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/c...stores-pros-cons-tested-not-lasers-49009.html