Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been Running Blue Laser Without Driver For Hours Of Run Time(Power increased)

Sorry i was looking at the pocket one. But I did pay close to that cause it was on sale at the time. It's $79 now. https://laserpointerstore.com/laser-power-meters/pocket-laser-power-meter

Even so, you really can't go wrong with that. Handles high wattage pretty well and it's very portable. 2% inaccuracy for blue lasers is barely something worth arguing about in my opinion. Especially for the price.

Ps, mine included a USB cable.
Professional laser power meters don't have a 2% accuracy. I seriously doubt that LPS meter gets within 10% except for a few outliers. It is only a TEC, pot, voltmeter and an LED with a resistor.

BrilliantLasers

Professional laser power meters don't have a 2% accuracy. I seriously doubt that LPS meter gets within 10% except for a few outliers. It is only a TEC, pot, voltmeter and an LED with a resistor.

The 2% was based off a comparison with other higher budget calibrated LPMs. The test was not done by myself, it was done by the member laserbee. Which sorta biased anyway coming from the maker of an LPM product. https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/review-of-the-new-15w-lpm-from-lps.101715/#post1502878

Last edited:

GSS

Don't feed the troll.
It obviouly doesn't know what it is talking about and just making demented moron comments.
I have to post this again^^^^^^^^^^^^
Troll or someone who got a few freebie's of cheapie's and sold his Soul to push these garbage China products:cautious:

10 years worth of forum members here that 99% most likely agree about how inferior these products are and the way your using and or driving them but in your short time your going to prove everything is wrong.:whistle:

Last edited:

BrilliantLasers

I have to post this again^^^^^^^^^^^^
Troll or someone who got a few freebie's of cheapie's and sold his Soul to push these garbage China products:cautious:

Pretty much everything you own probably came from China at some point. :p

The only argument I am making is that it is worth the 60-80 bucks. It's plenty accurate enough for casual hobbyists (which most of the people on here are). Why are some people so salty about this? Hehe. :p

Ps, I've been using that laser every day and it's still outputting 5+ watts. No problems, I am aware that it might die doing this, but the amount of time I've been using it, it's already worth the cheap price tag. :p I have tested 11 different lasers and pointers with this LPM and all the results have matched other tests found online of the same lasers.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
"I have tested 11 different lasers and pointers with this LPM and all the results have matched other tests found online of the same lasers."

I'm guessing you didn't find tests online of your lasers. You found tests online of similar lasers. No two are ever the same.

BrilliantLasers

"I have tested 11 different lasers and pointers with this LPM and all the results have matched other tests found online of the same lasers."

I'm guessing you didn't find tests online of your lasers. You found tests online of similar lasers. No two are ever the same.

"No two are ever the same." That statement literally applies to any product.

Someone whose only experience with LPMs is with this cheap LPS meter has no other point of reference. It is what it is.

BrilliantLasers

Someone whose only experience with LPMs is with this cheap LPS meter has no other point of reference. It is what it is.

You're completely correct on that. I opted out of spending a grand on something that is a simple hobby of mine. If I spent a grand on an LPM, I'd be pretty salty if I later learned there are far cheaper options with only slight inaccuracies.

Who is "salty"? Not me. I have had 4 LPMs and still have three working ones. So, I do know of what I speak. I regret none of my purchases and would never spend a dime on the one that you have.

BrilliantLasers

Who is "salty"? Not me. I have had 4 LPMs and still have three working ones. So, I do know of what I speak. I regret none of my purchases and would never spend a dime on the one that you have.

Of course. You already have 3, I had none. I think we can wrap up this conversation. :p

And I wasn't calling you specifically salty, I'm saying I actually would be annoyed if I later found out after spending a lot.

GSS

Pretty much everything you own probably came from China at some point. :p

The only argument I am making is that it is worth the 60-80 bucks. It's plenty accurate enough for casual hobbyists (which most of the people on here are). Why are some people so salty about this? Hehe. :p

Ps, I've been using that laser every day and it's still outputting 5+ watts. No problems, I am aware that it might die doing this, but the amount of time I've been using it, it's already worth the cheap price tag. :p I have tested 11 different lasers and pointers with this LPM and all the results have matched other tests found online of the same lasers.
Well this is the first time you posted "for the cheap price its ok" on any laser unit as you seemed to compare them to top notch builds.
As for the $90 Pocket Meter the experts say that it might have $10 worth of part's and for a price of $25 or $30 I could see.
There was a very good Hyperion 2W LPM for $75 being sold that many members have. A no brainer which of the two to buy..
I offered "Tommy" aka. Laserpointerstore $40 for his Pocket meter and told him I would test it 5 times a day for 2 weeks only with lasers outputting from 30mw, 150mw, 500mw, 1W, 2W, and 5W. Plenty of cool down in between runs and treated proper, and I would give it back to him and I would pay the shipping.. He said NO... Not much confidence in his meter is there..:unsure:

You really haven't also noticed just how many new member threads are about ""Help me please my "Thor" or "Gattling" type laser is broken and I only used it once or twice, or just yesterday.:p

Last edited:
Yes, lots of people showing up here with those same problems, go figure.

BrilliantLasers

Well this is the first time you posted "for the cheap price its ok" on any laser unit as you seemed to compare them to top notch builds.
As for the $90 Pocket Meter the experts say that it might have $10 worth of part's and for a price of $25 or $30 I could see.
There was a very good Hyperion 2W LPM for $75 being sold that many members have. A no brainer which of the two to buy..
I offered "Tommy" aka. Laserpointerstore $40 for his Pocket meter and told him I would test it 5 times a day for 2 weeks only with lasers outputting from 30mw, 150mw, 500mw, 1W, 2W, and 5W. Plenty of cool down in between runs and treated proper, and I would give it back to him and I would pay the shipping.. He said NO... Not much confidence in his meter is there..:unsure:

You really haven't also noticed just how many new member threads are about ""Help me please my "Thor" or "Gattling" type laser is broken and I only used it once or twice, or just yesterday.:p

Well the Chinese lasers I am using are actually engraving modules from the ebay seller 'techhood', which is a pretty high rated seller. I also own a few Chinese pointers which I haven't had any problems with yet(One I've owned for 4 months and use it often).

Modules from techhood are very economical and well made. They lie about power output though. Regardless, a 4 watt module with a driver and adapter for under $70 is a pretty great deal (They claim it's 8 watts though). I think their excuse for saying 8 watts is that it can 'pulse' 8 watts output, which is not useful nor is it relevant.

I've come to the same opinion, techhood is one of the best of the bunch in China, but you really need to pin them down before you buy, as they play this same misrepresentation game too.

BrilliantLasers

I've come to the same opinion, techhood is one of the best of the bunch in China, but you really need to pin them down before you buy, as they play this same misrepresentation game too.

Have you seen this yet? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PWM-TTL-Foc...657239?hash=item215c221117:g:U2EAAOSwyNtc9MJf

Green 1 watt module for $140. I am pretty sure they are actually using the 1 watt green diode, but that's only judging on the beams wide appearance. I took a chance and ordered it, I'll review it when it arrives.