Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam pics of my first build.

Well I couldn't find anywhere about getting started with what I am interested in so I thought I would jump right in here. sorry I wont do this again. I haven't been rude to anyone just looking for help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are asking questions! That's good, better to ask and learn before you get in so deep. Don't ever hesitate to ask a question, I think everyone here would rather you ask a question, any question, instead of leaving it unasked and having something bad or unintended happen later. And you have been quite cordial, not rude at all. I hope I've been able to help with my limited knowledge so far :D

Well I couldn't find anywhere about getting started with what I am interested in so I thought I would jump right in here. sorry I wont do this again. I haven't been rude to anyone just looking for help.

One thing that would definitely help is posting here, just to kind of let everyone know who you are and why you're suddenly interested in lasers:
Welcome - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers

Also, a good place to ask about the diode you are interested in would be the thread for that actual diode, found here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/nubm44-6w-450nm-laser-diode-94119.html
If you read through that, there's a good chance that you will find what you're looking for without having to ask. I'm definitely not trying to be rude either. I admit that I thought, when I was lurking and hadn't yet signed up, that this forum was maybe a little picky and too strict. But you've gotta understand that there are a lot of people out there shining their lasers in all the wrong places, giving our hobby a bad rep, and they have already caused it to be much more regulated. We just want to keep our hobby around as long as possible.

Well said folks, especially TaterMay +Rep for you :)
Why thank you, ma'am. :)

kiwi37

I have a dtr 405nm module with g2 glass lens and it's mean I can clearly see the beam during the day very happy with it.

I have a dtr 405nm module with g2 glass lens and it's mean I can clearly see the beam during the day very happy with it.

Yeah, my next 405nm will definitely be a higher output diode. I love being able to see the beam in a lit area. This go round was a great learning experience though. Glad I didn't mess up anything expensive! :evil: