Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bbshamsa and bootleg2go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these two are the same guy. Here's the situation.

I meant to give bbshamsa negative feedback on a comment but accidentally gave it to bootleg2go.

I messaged bootleg2go about it saying I that it was a mistake and I would contact a mod to fix it.
Then I get a reply email from bbshamsa:
"Sure.

Presumably this is because I posted a perfectly reasonable and respectful point that you personally didn't agree with?

Did mummy forget to get you your sweeties that day?"

Either bootleg2go forwarded my message to bbshamsa or they are the same person.

Sock account??

I think jack just forwarded your message to bbshamsa. I took a look at some of bbshamsa posts and they dont seem to be from jack. Too much of bbshamsa recent posts are about the arctic. Jack dislikes wicked, and would never give them his money.

Also this thread
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/laserglow-optotronics-25935.html#post384440

I don't think jack would choose buying a laser from laserglow over his own company?

Last edited:
bbshamsa, and PED seem fishy. They both joined long ago, and only have a handful posts.

If they are not ghost accounts of other members, I think they are from PL who have nothing better to do. Those could be their old accounts. Either that, or they could have been ghost accounts of past banned members, like Timelord ect.

I think these two are the same guy. Here's the situation.

I meant to give bbshamsa negative feedback on a comment but accidentally gave it to bootleg2go.

I messaged bootleg2go about it saying I that it was a mistake and I would contact a mod to fix it.
Then I get a reply email from bbshamsa:
"Sure.

Presumably this is because I posted a perfectly reasonable and respectful point that you personally didn't agree with?

Did mummy forget to get you your sweeties that day?"

Either bootleg2go forwarded my message to bbshamsa or they are the same person.

Hi Crazy,
You're nuts, I am neither that poster nor did I send any message.
I just read your apology to me for accidentally giving me a bad rep point about 2-3 hours ago.
I didn't reply to you because I figured since you were going to ask an admin to remove it, it would happen and I didn't really care if did or not anyway. Your apologized to me and that was enough for me. As you can see, I rarely play the rep game, it's just a popularity contest to give points back and forth and doesn't mean anything to me. Optotronics has it's reputation, it doesn't need a rep system. I bet that in the last several years since the rep system began, I've probably given out less than 15 reps or so and most of these were to good people who had reps taken away from them for no good reason. The reps mean something to them, so I gave them a few.
For me, I could care less, I could have hundreds of + reps if I spent all day giving out reps to others in exchange.
How about if an admin looks into my posts, PMs and IP addresses to have a looksee and into this other persons as well.
I think Daguin, is actually a professor of some type and has a great grasp of how language is used and he could tell in an instant if we were the same person or anything even close by just looking at our grammar and sentence structures...something yoou can't just fake and change and on the fly.
Anyway, your way off base.
Crazy, since you did bad rep me by accident, didn't you correct yourself and bad rep this bbs guys as soon as you realized this? Maybe he replied to whatever you commented to in your bad rep to him and you forgot that you repped him.

Last edited:
Hi Crazy,
You're nuts
, I am neither that poster nor did I send any message.
I just read your apology to me for accidentally giving me a bad rep point about 2-3 hours ago.
I didn't reply to you because I figured since you were going to ask an admin to remove it, it would happen and I didn't really care if did or not anyway. Your apologized to me and that was enough for me. As you can see, I rarely play the rep game, it's just a popularity contest to give points back and forth and doesn't mean anything to me. Optotronics has it's reputation, it doesn't need a rep system. I bet that in the last several years since the rep system began, I've probably given out less than 15 reps or so and most of these were to good people who had reps taken away from them for no good reason. The reps mean something to them, so I gave them a few.
For me, I could care less, I could have hundreds of + reps if I spent all day giving out reps to others in exchange.
How about if an admin looks into my posts, PMs and IP addresses to have a looksee and into this other persons as well.
I think Daguin, is actually a professor of some type and has a great grasp of how language is used and he could tell in an instant if we were the same person or anything even close by just looking at our grammar and sentence structures...something yoou can't just fake and change and on the fly.
Anyway, your way off base.

Crazy, since you did bad rep me by accident, didn't you correct yourself and bad rep this bbs guys as soon as you realized this? Maybe he replied to whatever you commented to in your bad rep to him and you forgot that you repped him.

Your post makes me even more sure both those accounts are yours.

Sure it can be faked, especially when someone is aware of it such as yourself

Saying my nickname in that manner shows hostility as well

EDIT: I want to add that I never made a comment towards bbshamsa nor have I sent a PM. For bbshamsa to message me with a "response" would suggest that either bbshamsa is another one of bootleg2go's accounts or the message was forwarded towards bbshamsa.

My message to bootleg3go : Hey man I gave you negative rep rather than bbshamsa. I'll contact a mod about it to see if it can be removed.

Don't you just love it when things go wrong?

Message from bbshamsa : Sure.

Did mummy forget to get you your sweeties that day?

Last edited:
Dude if you didnt -rep bbshamsa you'd have a point. But you did. Maybe he just caught it late.

does it matter? :rolleyes:
If someone has the time to keep 15 accounts going, that just means they have no life. I knew of a guy that did that on facebook just to send himself gift for fb games....
+1's TO EVERYONE!!!

ped

bbshamsa, and PED seem fishy. They both joined long ago, and only have a handful posts.

If they are not ghost accounts of other members, I think they are from PL who have nothing better to do. Those could be their old accounts. Either that, or they could have been ghost accounts of past banned members, like Timelord ect.

I can assure you mine is a legit account, and when i joined i was just starting with lasers, then lost my job so couldnt afford jack. But when i got back into lasers i went to register and it said "email allready in database ect, so i simply retrieved my account. No fish involved.

does it matter? :rolleyes:
If someone has the time to keep 15 accounts going, that just means they have no life. I knew of a guy that did that on facebook just to send himself gift for fb games....
+1's TO EVERYONE!!!

Yeah... it matters...
You are allowed only one account on LPF.... That is all...

Jerry

daguin

bbshamsa, bootleg2go, and Ped are different accounts with no IP overlap and no annonimizers being used

Peace,
dave

mfo

I can assure you mine is a legit account, and when i joined i was just starting with lasers, then lost my job so couldnt afford jack. But when i got back into lasers i went to register and it said "email allready in database ect, so i simply retrieved my account. No fish involved.

Legit or not, you're an a-hole.

daguin

Thanks for looking into it Dave...:cool:

Jerry

:tinfoil: It's what I live for :na:

(1981 - Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner: Sir John Gielgud as "Hobson" in Arthur: )

Peace,
dave

P.S. You're welcome ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.