Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery for cheap green laser?

MajorLazor

I got this green laser off Amazon, which appears to be a 301 clone that is definitely more than 5 mW. The battery and charger that came with it don't look to be the greatest quality. Wondering if I should get a better one? Battery is 18650 (2600 mAh). Just looking through these batteries on Amazon, a lot of them look just as shady. Where do you guys get your batts? I'm a little worried about safety issues while charging and that sort of thing.

I am sure there will be members providing you with the places they buy theirs, but if you can find an old notebook battery pack which has gone bad due to a single cell or more failing, you can often get those cheap, ask a computer repair shop for a bad one and tear it apart, or ebay for 18650 batteries and charger. Just don't buy any battery from a manufacturer or battery itself having the word "fire" in it, always junk.

In Qatar, since I cannot find them here for a decent price and can't have them fly on military post to me, I buy and take apart portable external cell phone charger battery packs I can get at the base exchange for mine. Maybe not the best batteries, but that's what I do. If you want to buy a high quality 18650, I believe Samsung and Panasonic are good brands, but be careful, there are counterfeit batteries being branded as from them and are junk. If you can find some Nitecore 18650 batteries, they are also good. I found some here on the shelf in Qatar, but I am not paying 25-30 dollars each.

Last edited:

reloader45

Hello,

I got my green laser with no Name 18350 accus, 2000 mAh!
After charging the empty accu I had a Charge of 200 mAh. Nice chinese trick.
Now I buy Efest accus. I have somewhere seen a test, that they heve good capacity even under high load.

best regards

Edgar

I get all my 18650s from liionwholesales.com. They have very good prices and the batteries are always at or above the stated capacity. You will want to place an order for more than one as shipping is around $10.00. This is only for people living in the US.

Anthony P

I use a Nitecore D2 that I am very happy with. I buy batteries from "18650 Battery Store" or the local vape shop.