Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries charging while in use???

Just put a 10 to 15 ohm, 5W, resistor, in parallel with your test leads ... 1,5V cells, of course, not 12V batteries...
Will the same values work with our typical 3.7V rechargables?

Ah... anyone know what "resistor" in German is... Wiederstandskörper, maybe... :thinking: Heck, why don't they just build such an option into standard DMMs? Would be nice... now I have to run off to some electroincs store to buy one bloody resistor... lol.

HIMNL9

Will the same values work with our typical 3.7V rechargables?

Ah... anyone know what "resistor" in German is... Wiederstandskörper, maybe... :thinking: Heck, why don't they just build such an option into standard DMMs? Would be nice... now I have to run off to some electroincs store to buy one bloody resistor... lol.

I suppose yes, also if the resistor become hot more quick :)

10 to 15 ohm is just for give a load from 150 to 100 mA, for have some load on the cell, and at the same time not kill it ..... for 3,7V, you can use any value from 33 ohm to 47 ohm, just if you want to have the same load ..... or just use the 15 ohm one, if you want to be sure an check the cell with some more load (but in this case, i suggest you to use a pair of pieces of wire, for connect the 5W resistor to the tester leads ..... cause if the resistor become too hot, keeping it directly, your fingertips can curse you (ouch)