Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries (18650)

djQUAN

If it's just a true 7mW laser, then the battery can power it without problems.

But in my experience, just get decent branded ones (panasonic, sanyo etc) as they will last a lot longer as these ****fire brands are just recycled old laptop cells which heat up when connected to a significant load and won't last a few weeks usage at best.

Also found these: TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)

Digging deeper and reading some reviews it seems like this ones actually come well recommended, and are supposed to be much better than the ones I linked above.

I just bought some of those for my 589nm laser and a couple flashlights last month and so far they've been fine. I have some older trustfire/ultrafires that have been decent since I bought them but djQUAN is right if you need batteries for something high powered skip the cheapies and spend the money on a good ones.

You need a decent charger too, I'd recommend the Nitecore I2 or I4 from Fasttech
worth the money IMO and safer too

You need a decent charger too, I'd recommend the Nitecore I2 or I4 from Fasttech
worth the money IMO and safer too

You think the Nitecore is worth the price difference than a general OEM one as the one I linked above?

yeah definitely, with the OEM ones you can't really leave them while charging, they don't have a decent auto shutoff and can't over charge the batts

They're ok for low power builds, but the capacity is nowhere near what is stated, probably 1/2 that, still ok for your needs

xmtgx

I thought I read somewhere that Ultrafire batteries weren't up to spec sometimes. I use these: http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/assembly-cells/li-ion/li-ion-18650-cylindrical-rechargeable-battery-w-pcb-3-7v-2600mah

None of the ****fires are up to spec.

Found 12 3.7v 18650 (Brand: Panasonic) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The Panasonics will be your best bet. They will be on spec as well.

Also fasttech>dx imo. You'll get your stuff within 1-2 weeks normally vs 3-5 weeks.