Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batterie Infos

Hello Community,

the Batteries I for my (coming soon) Laserpointer are titled with "CR2(15270) batteries".
What means this count's?

When I searched this Batterietype, I found this on DX: DealExtreme: $3.82 Rechargeable 3V CR2 800mAh Green 2 Packs

Are there any Batteries whitch are higher than 800mAh, but with 3,0V and we're there better?

Oh...PS: I've buyed the following Laser and i wan't to buy rechargeable batteries and I've not sure if the Laserpointer was sending with rechargeable batteries.
My coming soon Laser: DealExtreme: $29.53 High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime)

Greez from the Batterie-Newbie
Trudler :p

The number "15270" means the battery is 15mm diameter by 270mm height. CR2 is another name for this specific, standard size. Using that laser, I believe it's OK to use either 3V or 3.6V batteries. DealExtreme is the best way of getting cheap lithium batteries, provided you're prepared to wait for delivery. You may be able to get higher capacity batteries locally, they are sometimes used in cameras for the flash, but these are most likely several times more expensive. If they send batteries, the batteries supplied with the pointer will probably NOT be rechargable and will explode or be damaged if you try.

The number "15270" means the battery is 15mm diameter by 270mm height. CR2 is another name for this specific, standard size. Using that laser, I believe it's OK to use either 3V or 3.6V batteries. DealExtreme is the best way of getting cheap lithium batteries, provided you're prepared to wait for delivery. You may be able to get higher capacity batteries locally, they are sometimes used in cameras for the flash, but these are most likely several times more expensive. If they send batteries, the batteries supplied with the pointer will probably NOT be rechargable and will explode or be damaged if you try.

Explode? x) Wow
You mean the Quality is nod bader than other Batteries?

And higher Capacity means the life longer (for example: 2h longer Beam than other Batteries)

Greez and thx for the answer :)
Trudler

the zero means that is a cylindrical battery,DealExtreme doesn't sell 3.6v CR2.
Search them on ebay ''Juice 3.6v CR2 batteries''.

the zero means that is a cylindrical battery,DealExtreme doesn't sell 3.6v CR2.
Search them on ebay ''Juice 3.6v CR2 batteries''.

You're right, silly mistake on my part. As for the comment on exploding, in some cases, when you try to charge non-rechargeable batteries there is the risk that they overheat and can even burst into flames. It isn't to do with the quality of the battery, as even high-quality batteries will explode if mis-treated in this way (unless they have a protection circuit).

more power.

I asked my Father before (Electroingenieur). He means, more Power can damage the Laser, when he was made for 3V. He said: When the quality is like Chinese, this can damage it, or the living-time of the laser is smaller.

But he also said, he haven't got any experience with lasers. Lots of electric things are margin.
But on a other Page (whitch sell this 3,6 CR2 batteries) I read also, that it can made the bulb fucked up.

What do you think to this text?

Should I buy the 3V? Because my Laser hasn't got great Quality I think.

Cheers and thanks for your help :)
Trudler

if your going for the dilda from dealextreme that you posted,the 3.6v batteries won't be a problem.the dilda is using linear driver and can accept voltage until 12v.

can make the bulb F***** up?did you mean the diode?BTW that's the role of the driver,to protect the diode.

can make the bulb F***** up?did you mean the diode?BTW that's the role of the driver,to protect the diode.

Yeah, the diod.
But eventually my fahter means the driver. I am an noob on Electrical Engineering, but you said, you have "more power", that means that the diode beam is higher, what means, that de diode is overloaded, not?

I read in from other users, that they made "cool rings" in their laser, to made him more resilient. Thats what my father means too, you can give more voltage, but eventually you need to watch for a technik whitch cools the diod/driver (better heat dissipation).

He mean's too, like you mean, Litium-ion was the best batterie, but when you have more voltage, the batterie had less durability.

Its heavy to decision...

Greez
Trudler

you're not overdriving the diode,the dilda uses a 3.6mm LOC diode,witch LOC diodes are capable of 250mW.The dilda being output <200mW of power with the 3.6v batteries it should be close to 230mW witch is still safe for LOC's.i suggest you get the 3.6v batteries for more power,many members used 3.6v batteries and none of the the laser failed.Also read this thread it should answer some of your questionshttp://laserpointerforums.com/f50/amazing-322mw-dilda-36122.html

The dildas driver takes the excess voltage and dissipates it in the form of heat.

None the less you should keep the duty cycles down under a minute using the 3.7 volt batt. Also don't attempt to adjust the pot using those batt. Good luck.

the dilda uses a 3.6mm LOC diode,witch LOC diodes are capable of 250mW
Last time I checked my dilda, it still had a 5,6mm long closed can diode. Maybe yours is of newer design?

About the driver: There is a thread discussing this problem: http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/mistery-dilda-circuit-45789.html
It turned there are at least two versions of this driver. With one of them there is an increase in power output, while with the second (and supposedly newer) the extra voltage just results in more heat dissipated by the driver (and no power increase).

Last time I checked my dilda, it still had a 5,6mm long closed can diode. Maybe yours is of newer design?

About the driver: There is a thread discussing this problem: http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/mistery-dilda-circuit-45789.html
It turned there are at least two versions of this driver. With one of them there is an increase in power output, while with the second (and supposedly newer) the extra voltage just results in more heat dissipated by the driver (and no power increase).

take a closer look,mine it has a smallest diode inside a small housing to make it fit in the dilda because the dilda accepts 5.6mm diodes,it is a diode-shaped gold metal about 1mm thick and it has a hole in the front.can you take a picture of the front of the diode?i will take one also.

EDIT: pics of the dilda diode
front:
1665-img-0264.jpg

back:
1666-img-0265.jpg

side:
1667-img-0266.jpg

Last edited:
take a closer look,mine it has a smallest diode inside a small housing to make it fit in the dilda because the dilda accepts 5.6mm diodes,it is a diode-shaped gold metal about 1mm thick and it has a hole in the front.can you take a picture of the front of the diode?i will take one also.

EDIT: pics of the dilda diode
That's completely different! I took picture from the front, only:
pic0002r.jpg

As you can see it is a standard closed can diode (it has window also). Compared to a 5,6mm 6x blu-ray diode, its can is the same size.
So it turns out that not only drivers are different but also the diodes. My "dilda" was bought back in March and it has the new driver (which doesn't need 3,6V batteries).
I wonder if there are more differences ... the lens for example. Mine is 3-element AR coated glass and is in a brass lens ring. It gives 5 reflections when you look into it (single element + doublet). I think it is similar to the Aixiz glass lens for red.