Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batterie Infos

Ok, like I understand: When I got the new Dilda, the 3,6V batteries are bad, because they made not more power.
By the old Version, 3,6V batteries delivery much more power.

And I identificate the Versions at the Diod:
5,6mm = old
3,6mm = new

Is that right? My English wasn't very good, I'm sorry :(

But thanks for this super-answers!

Greez
Trudler

That's completely different! I took picture from the front, only:
pic0002r.jpg

As you can see it is a standard closed can diode (it has window also). Compared to a 5,6mm 6x blu-ray diode, its can is the same size.
So it turns out that not only drivers are different but also the diodes. My "dilda" was bought back in March and it has the new driver (which doesn't need 3,6V batteries).
I wonder if there are more differences ... the lens for example. Mine is 3-element AR coated glass and is in a brass lens ring. It gives 5 reflections when you look into it (single element + doublet). I think it is similar to the Aixiz glass lens for red.

my previous dilda(bought it one month after you)had the LCC diode,it failed and the sent me a new one this time with the small LOC,about the lens,as you posted mine are also the same as aixiz AR coated for red.

Ok, like I understand: When I got the new Dilda, the 3,6V batteries are bad, because they made not more power.
By the old Version, 3,6V batteries delivery much more power.

And I identificate the Versions at the Diod:
5,6mm = old
3,6mm = new

Is that right? My English wasn't very good, I'm sorry :(

But thanks for this super-answers!

Greez
Trudler

right.i will buy another dilda to see if they're the same as my current dilda.

@ TrudleR I have the same laser from DX and just tested it with fresh charged CR-2 3.0 volt cells, it goes right up to 164mW and then drop's down to 145mW and levels out there.
I would not bother finding and using 3.6 or 3.7 volt cells for this laser as it will not put out any more power the extra voltage will just be disapated as heat in the driver ckt. your dad was right even if he dosn't work with lasers, this laser is ment to run on 3.0 volt cells and that is what it should be run on unless you don't care about keeping it for long ! if you want more power you will have to turn the pot, simply putting more power in the input will not work with regulated ckt's. get a LPM befor messing around with the pot or your just stabbing in the dark for knowingwhat it's putting out.

Pyro...

@ TrudleR I have the same laser from DX and just tested it with fresh charged CR-2 3.0 volt cells, it goes right up to 164mW and then drop's down to 145mW and levels out there.
I would not bother finding and using 3.6 or 3.7 volt cells for this laser as it will not put out any more power the extra voltage will just be disapated as heat in the driver ckt. your dad was right even if he dosn't work with lasers, this laser is ment to run on 3.0 volt cells and that is what it should be run on unless you don't care about keeping it for long ! if you want more power you will have to turn the pot, simply putting more power in the input will not work with regulated ckt's. get a LPM befor messing around with the pot or your just stabbing in the dark for knowingwhat it's putting out.

Pyro...

Thx for your answer Flaminpyro.

Was means LPM? Laser Pointer M....anual?

I think I get the new version of the dilda, so i buy 3,0V batteries.

In this forum, the peoples had know-how for every details! Thanks to all for your answers!! :)

Greez
Trudler

Last edited:
Hey volks,

my dilda and my green laserpen are here. Now i'm lookin for forcer batteries for my laserpen.

Do yout think THIS batteries made more MW's to my laserpen, or doesn't it deliver more power?

Eventually, any peoples of you had the laserpen too, and know it better than me.

PS: Can I charge this Litium-Ion with a normal batterie-loader or should i get a new one whitch can charge up to 3,6V?

Greez
Trudler