Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banning Jake21/Jake22

Ban Jake again?

• Yes

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • No, give him another chance

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Keep an eye on him and warn him

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Who the hell is Jake?

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaseth

Hey guys, c0ld asked for this poll to be made.
You have to decide on whether or not to ban Jake once again.
Any information about recent trouble with him, people who are still missing money or items, etc. etc. would be great.
Personally I am going to wait with voting until I hear some facts. From what I know he has been fine since he came back.. but - the poll and discussion board are open!

Cheers! Good voting!

Last edited:

speak up now or prepare to be scammed again!

hey jas whos gonna keep theyre eyes on him? the non-existant moderators? i say why have to worry about it and leave him banned. hes already been banned 2 or 3 times...

Have him pay what he owes to people. Having him unbanned for some time might make him available to people who haven't received their stuff yet. If he fails to do this right then I see no reason to keep him here, we don't want new members scammed because we failed to take a simple decision.

Jaseth

By "keep an eye on him" I basically mean that if he does something wrong then BAM! Ban-hammer time. :banned:

I am just going to wait a bit before deciding myself but you may easily be correct :) Let's see what people think.

Seb

mfo: Please check the timestamps on those - they are from before he was banned. What would be nice to know is whether some people STILL haven't got their stuff/money, and whether he is going to do anything about it.

has T_Warne seen this yet? I get this weird feeling that they don't get along :thinking:

If he has blatantly ripped forum members off in the past. And if this is FACT.
Then their should be no reason for someone like that to be allowed back.
I'm new around this place. Who's going to protect us newcomers from getting ripped off, from known scamers?

I agree with Niko...
I think he should be allowed to fix what he owes and perhaps
not be allowed to sell anything else until all old issues are solved.,
It is difficult to contact Jake if he is not available here...

I too want more new info before I vote...

Jerry
(4100-7000-88)

Last edited:
If he has blatantly ripped forum members off in the past. And if this is FACT.
Then their should be no reason for someone like that to be allowed back.
I'm new around this place. Who's going to protect us newcomers from getting ripped off, from known scamers?

By not letting him sell on LPF until all past issues are solved...

Jerry

By "keep an eye on him" I basically mean that if he does something wrong then BAM! Ban-hammer time. :banned:

I am just going to wait a bit before deciding myself but you may easily be correct :) Let's see what people think.

Seb

mfo: Please check the timestamps on those - they are from before he was banned. What would be nice to know is whether some people STILL haven't got their stuff/money, and whether he is going to do anything about it.

why are we even discussing this? hes already shown his "non-interest" in paying people back by posting WTB threads in the BST section. if he was interested in paying back why is he wanting to buy stuff?

Jaseth

Maybe ndrew, but so far I have not seen a single post from a person he actually still owes anything to.. I would like to see that before I decide.

so we should continue to let him buy stuff when he owes folks money?

So lock him out of the B/S/T section...or block him from the Forum
but leave the E-Mails and PMs open...

Rather than saying no to every idea... help us out with some of your
ideas to get those past Jake owing issues solved..:D

Jerry

probably b/c a lot of them dont frequent as much as they used to. the same reason i dont see alot of members that were here when i signed up. most of the people he scammed were n00bs that were looking for a cheap laser and probably wont be back... why dont you speed up the process and start pm'ing the people that posted in his profile...? i dont see why we should have to sit around and wait to see who he scams next or if others will even get their money back. thats like a slap in the face to those that have been scammed.

@jerry: i dont see any point to keeping him around. like i said hes already been banned 2 or 3 times. how many times does it take? he appearantly hasnt learned yet...

Hey Drew... I understand your point of view... and I guess you've already
made up your mind on how to vote...

I just would like anyone that got shafted by Jake to have an opportunity
or chance to get what belongs to them..

Jerry

Jaseth

I have just PM'ed all those people. Let us see whether he has actually scammed anyone before we draw conclusions.

Seb