Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banned from WL forum

cornz

I have just cancelled a $700 order with WL as i'm properly hacked off with the poor level of customer service, so i voiced my cancellation on the forum and was banned. No profanity, no slagging, just the truth that for 70 days, they have had my money and i've had nothing.
Says multitudes about a company that bans users for speaking the truth.

I have just cancelled a $700 order with WL as i'm properly hacked off with the poor level of customer service, so i voiced my cancellation on the forum and was banned. No profanity, no slagging, just the truth that for 70 days, they have had my money and i've had nothing.

I read the post. That SUCKS!!!!!!!!! WL hates the truth I take it. You can bash them here if you want to.

JLSE

Their forum is very one sided, anything other than + remarks gets you banned.

Welcome to a real forum :beer:

Administrator of this wonderful forum, Avery or by nickname c0ldshadow, was banned from WL forum for posting a review of their laser and reccomending a DL product instead.

As they banned him, he singlehandedly created the biggest and most popular laser related forum today, and WL has to kiss Ave's a$$ in order to recieve some business , well at least it was needed until those new Arctics.

Pretty impressive huh?

I have just canceled a $700 order with WL as i'm properly hacked off with the poor level of customer service, so i voiced my cancellation on the forum and was banned. No profanity, no slagging, just the truth that for 70 days, they have had my money and i've had nothing.
Typical of them, it really pisses me off that they treat people this way.
I've got an offer for anyone who can do website work and would like to make a website dedicated to reporting/posting everyone's bad WL experience.
I have many domains I've been holding onto for several years and maybe it's time to use them.
A few of my domains that come to mind and would be good for this are.

www.wickedlaserforum.com
www.wickedlaserreview.com
www.wickedlaserreviews.com

I've had them parked for the last 2-3 years, so maybe it's time to put them to good use.
If anyone is serious about creating such a site, get in touch with me and the best developer will get to create and help post about everyone's WL experiences. I'll allow google ads to be placed on the site and as soon as the ads pay for the $25/year for the hosting and domain name, everything in advertising beyond that will be split 50/50 with the person doing the website.

So if you're really pissed at WL's business practices, here's your chance.
Hey Avery, how about you? Would you be interested in starting up a new site / forum that is purely for the purpose of reporting the WL customer experience? We could partner up on it.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
WL and LaserCommune are a little iffy when it comes to criticism, even constructive, on their forum. As in they tend to silence anything critical of WL in any way.

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:
I've got an offer for anyone who can do website work and would like to make a website dedicated to reporting/posting everyone's bad WL experience.
I have many domains I've been holding onto for several years and maybe it's time to use them.

I can help with setting this up (I know enough about web design to set up a forum and/or static site) and I'd have UK evenings/weekend time for webmastering, and moderation, if it is run as a forum. I did D_H's site before he took it down, and briefly did management of a friend's forum, along with a couple of other small sites here and there. It would be nice to summarise the Arctic's "timeline" and performance so people can judge for themselves.

Ideally this wouldn't impose itself unduly on LPF, and would be factual and honest - there's always the risk that WL or WL's competitors exploit a site like this for personal gain (which does create some liability issues).

cornz

Well, oddly enough, i've just ordered a spartan from DL, im now looking at an O-Like (i have their 2.4w ir) 200mw red which just leaves my blue-ray. WAS going to be a WL sonar, but not now. Any suggestions for a GOOD 200mw blu-ray laser???

Last edited:

cornz

I read the post. That SUCKS!!!!!!!!! WL hates the truth I take it. You can bash them here if you want to.

Don't wanna bash anyone, but you know yourself what a farce it is over there.
Oh, I did accuse duckman of having sand in his tampax, perhaps that wound him up a bit.

Don't wanna bash anyone, but you know yourself what a farce it is over there.
Oh, I did accuse duckman of having sand in his tampax, perhaps that wound him up a bit.

I can imagine that You certainly put His panties in a wad with that one. I have not bashed WL either just told the truth as You did. WL is very good at shooting their own foot, and doesn't really need any help in that department:D. LPF is a good place to hangout as it's more active, and more interesting compared to Wicked's forum.

The overall weirdness of that place is what lead me here. In my quest for more information I found this place. I am glad I was able to avoid the WL fiasco.

I saw the post in question. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just voicing dissatisfaction.

Wicked seems to be a bunch of spineless cowards that can't handle a shred of criticism. Nothing is allowed on their forums but ass-kissing and positive remarks in a sad attempt to make themselves look good despite their complete disregard for customer satisfaction. Its pathetic how hard they are trying to censor the wave of negative reviews coming in because of their own poor practices, yet funny at the same time as they scramble about like roaches trying to hide from the sun when the rock that covered them suddenly gets pulled away.

I have a feeling I'm cruising for a banning over there myself. I've called them out a few times on valid points. I'm interested to see if they'll face my criticisms of them or just shut me up by banning me. I've got time on my hands... I don't mind making a few new accounts over there and getting the word out one way or another.

mfo

I've been hating wicked lasers since day one crew check in.

Typical of them, it really pisses me off that they treat people this way.
A few of my domains that come to mind and would be good for this are.

www.wickedlaserforum.com
www.wickedlaserreview.com
www.wickedlaserreviews.com

I've had them parked for the last 2-3 years, so maybe it's time to put them to good use.
If anyone is serious about creating such a site, get in touch with me and the best developer will get to create and help post about everyone's WL experiences. I'll allow google ads to be placed on the site and as soon as the ads pay for the $25/year for the hosting and domain name, everything in advertising beyond that will be split 50/50 with the person doing the website.

So if you're really pissed at WL's business practices, here's your chance.
Hey Avery, how about you? Would you be interested in starting up a new site / forum that is purely for the purpose of reporting the WL customer experience? We could partner up on it.

Just be really careful about the content if you go ahead with this. If you setup a site and there are any ads promoting a company that competes with WL, they can seize the domains from you (on the grounds that you are abusing their trademark for commercial purposes). This includes Google AdSense and any other ads where you may not be in control of what's being shown.

I've seen this happen a number of times, it's a pretty quick and painless process for them. All they need is a screenshot of a competitors ad and at that point there is little you can do to stop them.

daguin

and was banned. No profanity, no slagging, just the truth that for 70 days, they have had my money and i've had nothing.

You have joined an illustrious group of laserists. Some of the most experienced laser people I know have been banned from there. Be happy :)

Peace,
dave