Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banggood RGB module

twelti

Does anyone know anything about this Banggood item:

RGB 300mW White Laser Dot Module Red Green Blue 638nm 520nm 450nm TTL Driver Modulation

it sells for around $50. Seems like a bargain.

Encap

There are dozens of people reselling those and other 300mW RGB modules at same or lower prices.

Google 300mW RGB laser

Buy from a LPF member.. see the best deal at EEKbay -get the more powerful one.
these are great to use-- very smalll footptint and easy to remove to as a unit to put into another
Project-- and there are many..from super simple like 'RGB Laser Tunnel'- OR the old 'FSMirror glued on a spring' and then glued to a speaker- for 'bounce to the beat' in RGB) 3 or 4 motor 'RGB Spiro' is a good one that you control to abstracts they make .. with speed/direction and TTL the 7 colors they make. I own 4 IIRC paid much more coz they were not this cheap not long ago. I paid AixiZ about 2X of todays prices. BUY FROM THE FORUM!!
New guy 'KingKube' has two in versions in stock -- what to do? buy the 800mW for max power or two pcs of the lower powered one.. I have some RGB 'sleds' inside Lumia PJs --7+ 'colors' of Lumia

Stop sending money to non member vendors..

at ebay blab1381 ...

His wife has most of the items. listed . search the store for 'laser' ALL Alan's prices are the lowest there. He has several prisms.. crystal balls- not just lasers..
No problems with English and you can get with Alan here at LPF-- Ebay is not he best place to 'talk'
IIRC I have gotten >10 different items and a few I got more than one.. EACH was better than I hoped for..fast ship and free $hip.. very nice people.. If you don't see what you want PM Alan and he will find for you want if possible.

plz tell them that 'Len' sent you.. I owe them that much and more.

BTW if buying the parts retail to build == you cannot find them cheap enough to DYI. even not counting your labor.

twelti

Dang, I already bought the one from BG, seemed that $50 was crazy cheap already. ... but I'll search member vendors first from now on!

n/pCOZ so many are offered they prices are better for us.

here is the one I want from kk .. I HAVE 300 mW x3 but this is far better diodes and 'mo power'

afaik these are 'stock pics' but Alan has skillz and can take more pics upon request.
all my 'white' laser are 'open' style I like this enclosure .. but until 'in-hand' we shall see.
some pics from alan's listing (blab1391)

here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-800mW-...n/323612958384?hash=item4b58d5deb0:rk:16:pf:0

note:
Alan's 800 is TTL not analogue.. all controled by the driver NOT the RGB lasers.
For about the same price other eekbay vendors offer 800mW same diodes but 'analog' But if my intended application did not require more than TTL (7 'colors')
I would buy from forum member KingKube.
I noticed all the other 'whites' in this form factor do not have, what looks to me to be an extension of the lens for focus.. IDNKFS
Its a trade-off --enclosed keeps dust etc out BUT to adjust the lasers (near field) or the 'dichro' filters/mirrors (far field) you will need access -cover must come off. BTW these typically do not have all that much 'active cooling' or none.
The heat sinks are unlikely pure copper & no fan ... I doubt you could go 'no rest 100% duty'.. adding a fan is no big deal add 2 or 3. lol
.EDIT
Just read you 'intro' sorry now I spent time tying to help.
at this point AFTER you or a friend get an eye injury from the RGB or yr 5W blue.
DO NOT COME HERE>> we do not want to even hear about such things.
we do not give medical advice.. any mention of such things only adds to the growing segment of our population to hate lasers even more.
please get some eye protection.. by NOT getting them first you are showing what I call a 'Lack Of Laser Safety Sense.' you are putting 'laser fun' ahead of safety for yr eyes. And knew which was more important..still made a bad choice.

Attachments

• s-l400 KKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg
    s-l400 KKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes, I got one of these some time ago. I think it cost me $46.00, including the driver. Not too bad for a 300 mW TTL driven RGB laser.

twelti

@hakzaw1, WHY would you assume i'm operating without goggles?!? Please RE-read the Welcome post, I tried to make it as clear as I possibly could that I'm safety conscious. I don't even have a laser yet! I'm in the learning and acquisition mode right now :)

I replied- we are past that .
Hope you are near east NC. Brandon lives there and gives the forum reasonably good glasses at very good prices. and he may be able to get them to you before your 5W arrives.
and they work for all RG and B.
$5
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/budget-tested-laser-safety-goggles-od-5.101990/page-2

brendon7358
Dark Red: $5
Green: $5
Light Red: $2.50
Blue $2.50
Brandon calls these by those 'names' (lens)colors because they are ..
Some name glasses by LASER the protect you from..it gets very confusing.

you need dark red for the 5W bluelaser protection only$5 BUT
for the white RGB coming you need 'green lens'also $5 SO may as well get 2pcs green lens for all colors of laser. $10 either way.. $10 plus ship.. ~$3 per eye..

He sells these as a service to LPF.. prices are the lowest .. hak

watch for a good deal on gently used EAGLES.(bradband).
keep those for you.

That 'white' you have coming is perfect for a small Lumia projector (best in 'smallish' places)

Also just keep in mind that 5W of blue makes a LOT OF HEAT and while those blue diodes are tough and robust they can be damaged by over heating.. If the laser gets very warm to the touch on the outside ..it is hot at the diode..
IF Hot on the outside..
stop and rest until outside a just a little warm or cool. That is your duty/reast cycle for that laser in same ambient temp. situation.
OR your laser may or will be damaged.. Better to use with extra caution..
Over these years we have heard many times about a hheld that died the first time it was taken to a party etc.
My brand new $40 (back then)532 pointer died that way.
BTW not all sellers know the correct duty/rest cycle. I used 'contact seller' and asked for the duty rest cycle.once
. Their reply was "We not sell bicycles ..sorry''

see the link-order the eye ware...- lase safe!! hak

Last edited:

twelti

Thanks again. I did see that "budget-tested-safety goggles" thread, but not sure if he was legit. I guess he is! I will order asap.

I'm interested in the Lumia projector. I have been looking at galvanometers and such, wondering how to make a cheap light show. I am in acoustics, so have access and knowledge of various types of audio transducers. Not sure if they could be used, on the cheap. I know htat you can put a mirror on a speaker and make pretty patterns bouncing a laser off of it, but wondering if more control could be had. Hmmm

Yes..
by changing the volumn of course the 'bounce' will be less.. but neater will be using the TTL in the driver of your RGB. Very simple circuit and you need it anyway for any other RGB projects. Alone each laser makes just one color and full on or full off.

TTL is the best/safest way to turn laser off/on repeatedly w/o damage.
Never flip off and on repeatedly using the power.
For a bit more $ you could have gotten your 'white' with the driver that gets you 'analog' modulation.. yours and mine are TTL aso by simply modulating the lasers at 100% On or Off
You get 7 'colors'
R , B, G, R+B =*magenta* R+G =*Yellow*, G+B= *Teal or Aqua* and R+G+B *white* AND 8 'colors' if you count black laser--safest one made- no eye protection totally safe.. no batts but very rare..hush hush
but the ranges between 0% and 100% of each RGB allows you to make, almost unlimited color choices.
LUMIA has been around long before lasers- take light (like sun) aim thru something like glass etc and rotate -- slow is good ..slower is better ...up to the point where you cannot really see it move.. then it gets boring and proper music is also a must.

A clock motor gets you 1 rpm.. not really that slow. Worm gear motors are great.
Slowest is bestest.. 0.6 rpm. ~$7 12dc (PWM the speed using less or more vdc)

I bought 1/3rpm AC motors from Fred (SurplusShed) gave some away sold a few then got more..and more again , then, knowing not ever item sold can be replaced at SS.. Some items are never found/offered once out of stock --
panic time

I bought every one left in stock and to this day Fred has not offered them again--- I let him know what I was doing with them and he added that to the motor description.. something like..
'Hakzaw from laser forum says these are great for Lumia efx'

Spring wound '2 hr' kitchen timer.. no AC no DC just wind every two hours.
You can slow any one down with gears or belts and with any DC motor you can slow by reducing voltage-- they sell circuit boards with knobs for these CHEAP (DC motor controller. )
I use these also for speed and direction control for the motors used for Laser Spiro.. very nice toy to own.

While 2 motor spiro is good 3 motor is better 4 is IMO OK but 5 or more just does not work for me. These projects use a lot of switches. Less if you get DPDT with off in the middle. (the china ones are junk --the best (USA made ) ones are no longer being made- coz the china ones killed the market for USA made solid ones made with bakelite.

One older Ebayer liked these so much he bought almost all left when hearing the maker was quitting.. He sells the ONLY good ones at ebay.. I bought a 100 from him-he has lots of sales Feedback all very good and he has never sold anything but these 'DPDT off middle'.
They come with removable rubber switch cover or 'boot' for use in rain etc. last forever..

you can buy them from him one at a time or pick a listing he has for more. More is cheaper.
There are IIRC some 'tutes' on spiro, Lumia and many other projects and you can build either in a day and ''

construct yours so you can move your RGB from one to the other with ease.
these two laser 'builds' and 99 more laser projects can be found in a new Thread in the 'experiments' section--coming soon.

Once you do 'Lumia', you will look differently at things made from glass(hak no likey plastic Lumia) no limits.. Thrift shops- cut glass-S&P shakers= art glass thingys=textured glass(for windows) glass doorknobs.. and the fav of many-'Lumia Tortured Tubes' (or just 'torture tubes') to make you need glass tubes (some 'kinds' of glass works better that others)...Also you need MAP Gas, some tools-leather gloves and eye protection (a MUST).
Try very hard to attend an organized LEM-- every year (13 of them so far iirc IIRC) in mid Aug. SELEM happens in Newton N.C.
Forum member 'Displaser' does an awesome 'torture demo' and all attendees get to make their own tubes after the presentation.. you will be stopping at Home Depot for Map Gas asap.
If you cannot do SELEM go to any of the other LEMS but get the organizers talking about this demo BEFORE.. There are dozens of members who make their own.(not just Greg) and a few that sell Lumia usable glass.. I cut round glass from square..

IF you REALLY REALLY LOVE HandHelds.. skip SELEM.
OR chance having your mind blown by Full Color Laser Projectors and those that build and operate them (as well as Kvants to cheap LaserKings and all between etc) Pointers are allowed .. but once you are there. what can you really do with them?

NO exaggeration.... For me an many others -going to SELEM was life changing. Many first timers say that and would agree. AND all when we are doing the break-down and load out we are wishing SELEM would last longer ATM it has become a 4 or 5 day deal and has things going on in 3 'Venues' and a dozen other rooms. You will never meet a nicer group of folks-their friends and their guests (they attend free BTW)-- you will begin life long friendships and do 'networking'at its finest. (get a few biz cards made to trade)

I went a little farther -- after my first SELEM (in aug) I hosted a small 'pop-up' LEM in November.. And a few years later Displaser (Houston), Tim Walsh (San Marcos...look him up!!) and myself hosted the first organized 3 day TEXLEM - in San Antonio 2012-- its was killer!!

I consider two or more members getting together to 'do' lasers a bona fide (mini)LEM.. even for one day/night. And that is how almost all LEMs started.
IF I 'struck it' rich I would tour all USA LEMs in my 90K $ RV loaded with lasers.

Feel free to PM me with any project Qs.

hak

Last edited:
I miss-read the info on brendon's eye protection. the green ones are NOT broad band-- the green laser passes. W/ the dark red lenses the green and blue are filtered.. I would get one of each and at times you will be wearing both at same time--I have had to do that myself.
He has all in-stock and ship can be as quick as two days (extra$)

twelti

Thanks for the clarification. I will probably order a complete package. Two of everything!

N/P just paying fwd for the next time I need help.

btw I did a quick search and for a bit more you can pay (AND WAIT) for a pair w/ case that covers all 400 to 900 nm.. lowest price I have seen-hopefully they do the job.
Hard to put a price on our vision. I have a laser shirt (GITD) that sez- 'be careful to not injury your only remaining good eye''
not really funny is it?

pm coming