Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ban BobH

Ban BobH

• Yes- The drama is getting old

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No- Trolls are beneficial to the forum

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever ban poll.

This member is harassing people, he just got the aggression thread closed, condones drug use, defends junkies, and is nothing more than a troll looking for drama.

Seems like every post made by BobH has derogatory remarks about other people, and he is "gunning" for Laserbee.

Have you had enough of it yet???

This was inevitable--IMO

Needed this=good job.-------+rep

Could you please provide some examples of him harassing people?

I just noticed this idiot has shut down more than one long running thread with his drama.

When he is gone, can we re-open the threads??

"Let out your aggression" has been a long running thread.

"the best power meter" thread is relevant on the forum and should remain open.

Could you please provide some examples of him harassing people?

read the two threads I just mentioned in my last post, shut down because he is HARASSING Jerry.

Both WERE good threads.

He has been targeting me as well, but I don't care.

This hobby has benefited tremendously because of the availability of an affordable power meter, the laserbee.

Evidently Bobs finger works better, I'd like nothing better than to test a 30 watt C02 laser using bobs finger method. (Any volunteers?)

BobH said:
You people sound just like the KKK I grew up around in the '70s. You can't tolerate objective comments about the actual, scientific effects and consequences of the wide variety of "drugs" we have in our society. Where's the outrage over teen binge drinking? Nicotine deaths? Violence caused by the same ignorance you display?

Nothing in anything I've written here suggests that I personally injest any mind altering substances. Find it. Yet, MY reputation was smeared by the childish crap spewed out by the power meter salesman. With a bald faced, unsubstantiated LIE.

The moderators here should remove that dishonest comment immediately, despite their greased palms from his hawking his products here.

BobH said:
The violence I've seen here has only been recommended by you against others, for (as far as I can tell) stupidly stating their preference for LSD in their name. Like you do in yours. You allude to being addicted to photons, like it's a big freaking joke to be addicted to anything. You're a hippocrite.

How's THAT for letting out some aggression?

BobH said:
I pointed him toward a school and not his local laserist or holographer, like me, where we'd probably smoke a joint, blow it into the beams and watch patterns formed by a rotating glass candy dish with acid-jazz playing while we talk about lasers

read the two threads I just mentioned in my last post, shut down because he is HARASSING Jerry.

Both WERE good threads.

He has been targeting me as well, but I don't care.

This hobby has benefited tremendously because of the availability of an affordable power meter, the laserbee.

Evidently Bobs finger works better, I'd like nothing better than to test a 30 watt C02 laser using bobs finger method. (Any volunteers?)

Well after that test I think he would need a major re-calibration!!! :) I have seen you are a very active member of LPF and also very helpfull! +1 pal!

Wayne ---
I have to admit that it was ME who asked for a lockdown on the agression thread hopefully to get rid of the druggie crap. This is a laser forum and we don't need the bad press here.
I hope it is opened again after a "little" filtering. God knows how many people want to end our hobby and it is up to us to show responsibility. Baiting trolls just looks bad.

HMike

I have asked Avery to remove all the druggie related crap and re-open the thread. Our hobby can ill afford bad press in this time.

Generally I would not disagree with you guys, but in this case, the correct thing to do is to STOP BANNING PEOPLE FOR EVERYTHING! Bob is one of the smarter people on the forum, I have met him and he is a really nice guy, very knowledgeable, and is not out to piss everyone off. Sure he had an argument with lasersbee, who cares? Maybe he was having a bad day...

^i totally agree with mike, it's important not to give any people against this great hobby a leg to stand on, we already have the "All they do all night is blind pilots and by day they melt small children" crap going and we don't need the drug scene here as well... As for the harrassing, I saw it first hand in both threads but chose not to say anything, I try to stay out of things like that, you never know who's side the admin is gonna end up on :shhh: -anyway, I think you know my vote. And Jerry, sorry to hear you were harrassed.

:banned:

Generally I would not disagree with you guys, but in this case, the correct thing to do is to STOP BANNING PEOPLE FOR EVERYTHING! Bob is one of the smarter people on the forum, I have met him and he is a really nice guy, very knowledgeable, and is not out to piss everyone off. Sure he had an argument with lasersbee, who cares? Maybe he was having a bad day...

If it was only one day Ben, I'd agree with you.

It's been going on for DAYS.

I admire you Ben, you have drive, motivation, and intelligence not to mention some great connections, you make lasers available that most of us would never see otherwise.

I closed down the best power meter thread, I guess Avery shut down the aggression one. They were both really getting bogged down in drama. Once we get a conclusion either way with this ban poll I have no problem going through those threads and picking out the all troll posts so that they can both be re-opened. I just didn't want to remove posts from either of those threads yet because they might need to be referenced during this ban poll.

There you have it -- As Dave would say, " Take a deep breath" ;)

HMike

Ok after reading what you posted (photonaholic), I really have to agree with Laser_Ben here.

I respect Jerry, we are indeed friends and he knows I'm not against him. But to be fair, Bob has never addressed anybody (that I know of, I could have missed it) in a bad manner, even if the comments were somewhat violent, it's just a fight between two members; that doesn't mean the "loser" must get banned. The "druggie" posts I can't see, I don't know what the big deal is with what you posted up there.

Unless I'm presented with serious evidence that could actually lead a member to get banned, I will have to say no.

EDIT: Also, that poll is biased. I presented you my argument and I don't really like having to vote for "Trolls are beneficial to the forum". Simple Yes / No would have done it.

Ok after reading what you posted (photonaholic), I really have to agree with Laser_Ben here.

I respect Jerry, we are indeed friends and he knows I'm not against him. But to be fair, Bob has never addressed anybody (that I know of, I could have missed it) in a bad manner, even if the comments were somewhat violent, it's just a fight between two members; that doesn't mean the "loser" must get banned. The "druggie" posts I can't see, I don't know what the big deal is with what you posted up there.

Unless I'm presented with serious evidence that could actually lead a member to get banned, I will have to say no.

EDIT: Also, that poll is biased. I presented you my argument and I don't really like having to vote for "Trolls are beneficial to the forum". Simple Yes / No would have done it.

I agree with this reasoning..

And I too hate loaded poll questions. I would vote no just on that merit.

This one is a bit of a challenge for me. He has some good knowledge, but his ego keeps getting in the way. He has become a one-trick-pony whenever someone disagrees with him. He believes that all disagreements can be traced back to his attitude about drugs. From what I have observed so far, I believe that a temp ban would only serve to kick his ego defense into high gear.

In addition, his positive drug messages (Cell phones are worse than LSD. Smoke a bowl and blow smoke at the beams.) are unacceptable in a forum filled with young people and dangerous toys.

I'm going to err on the side of safety and the security of the forum and hobby at the risk of the loss of his knowledge

Although I totally disagree with "re-writing" history, two helpful threads have been lost. I would support that they be purged and re-opened (although I truly don't think that the "aggression" thread needs to be purged)

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** I would also like to add my voice to the call that poll choices should be worded as neutral as possible. It's tough to see the difference between "cute" and "biased" in the printed word.

I just asked Simon to remove my comments and leave only yes or no.

I apologize for allowing my emotional state at the time from keeping the choices intelligent and simple.

Ave cleaned up yesterday, so I am pulling some posts out of my email box to quote here.

BobH said:
In my experience, those who push sugar, alcohol, entitlement, political correctness, and especially us-against-them religion in our schools are doing waaaaaay more harm to out nation's children than all the "acid heads" ever could. LSD, though its overuse helped seperate my older brother from the real world, is a very benign drug *when not overused*. It's something kids might try, but very few will ever overuse or keep using. The other drugs I mentioned above, plus a whole handfull of others we all know the names of, are the real problems

clearly condoning LSD even though it affected his own family!

Last edited by a moderator:

daguin

I don't think I've ever seen this happen to a thread before. What happened to all of the separate posts? LOL!

Peace,
dave

sonaro

I don't think I've ever seen this happen to a thread before. What happened to all of the separate posts? LOL!

Peace,
dave

I too am very confused, and wished to contribute to some of them.

Simon and I are trying to purge my dumb remarks from the poll.

so we figure it be easier to start over.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I am very sorry guys, this was my fault. I was trying to edit the poll options as per request and I accidentally caused the thread to collapse into one post. There doesn't see to be any way to undo this so I suggest a new thread be created. I'll close this one when a replacement is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.