Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bah...BIG MISTAKE!

heh so i went to play COD 4 just now.....and noticed a pixel in the bottom left hand corner of my 32" LCD tv.........

well it took me a minute to figure out why it was messed up like that, but i remembered today i was playing with my new 200mW blu-ray i built from the sf-aw210 sled......and the tv was in the line of site and i never paid attention to where the beam was going.......so now i having a permanent spot on the tv where one pixel jsut white.....

luckily it's in the corner of the screen.....but from now on i'll have to be careful where i shine this bad boy......

There's a few threads on this. I've heard stories where people burn out almost half of their phone's screen :eek:

Yup, it discharges the LCD or something like that. For some reason, dead pixels keep popping up on my game systems. :'( I really can't find out why; I don't have any (working) lasers at the moment...

Lucky it didnt reflect into your eyes. Get some goggles will ya...

redeye.jpg

I've been extremely paranoid of where I point my lasers. No dead pixels yet on any of my electronics. I have a 34 inch TV and a large monitor too.
I have also blu-ray with the same output + jayrob's lens. All I can say is I never point them at screens.

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
Lucky it didnt reflect into your eyes. Get some goggles will ya...
Mohrenberg builds tons of lasers, I'm sure he knows about goggles. They don't make goggles for screens. Well actually OEM does make diffraction grating that could cover a LCD screen Diffraction grating windows. I thought about buying it for my windows in my room but it would have cost far too much.

I am curious if a LCD screen can be ruined by the refection of laser light and I'm nearly positive the answer is: yes.

This would be an interesting study: Test what mW it takes to burn out a pixel using 3 or 4 different wavelengths. I'm curious now but I don't have an extra LCD display to spare.

22" samsung computer monitor, 42" hitachi plasma, iPhone. and NO dead pixels!! WooHooo!!!

laser83 said:
Mohrenberg builds tons of lasers, I'm sure he knows about goggles.

Mohrenberg has stated a few time he doesn't use goggles..so your point is mute. :cool: