Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

badly collimated he-ne

Warske

[ch1071 said:
ebel]Tha's a nice Ole' hughes you got there ! Where did you get it ?
One of the companies I worked for as an electronics engineer used to throw out the tubes and power supplies on the returns if the lasers were below spec or flickered once in several hours. I took home a couple large boxes of the rejects, but that was a few years ago...

Rebel

Warske said:
[quote author=[ch1071]ebel link=1239052143/0#15 date=1239122743]Tha's a nice Ole' hughes you got there ! Where did you get it ?
One of the companies I worked for as an electronics engineer used to throw out the tubes and power supplies on the returns if the lasers were below spec or flickered once in several hours.  I took home a couple large boxes of the rejects, but that was a few years ago...[/quote]

What did you do with all of them ? I'm sure you could have made a nice profit had you sold them.

-Gaberiel-

Warske said:
[quote author=[ch1071]ebel link=1239052143/0#15 date=1239122743]Tha's a nice Ole' hughes you got there ! Where did you get it ?
One of the companies I worked for as an electronics engineer used to throw out the tubes and power supplies on the returns if the lasers were below spec or flickered once in several hours.  I took home a couple large boxes of the rejects, but that was a few years ago...[/quote]

dosnt this statement pretty much explain the problem :)

Rebel

Laserman532 said:
[quote author=Warske link=1239052143/0#17 date=1239123941][quote author=[ch1071]ebel link=1239052143/0#15 date=1239122743]Tha's a nice Ole' hughes you got there ! Where did you get it ?

dosnt this statement pretty much explain the problem :)[/quote]

the problem of " Why did you not sell them " ?

Even if they were performing under their rated specs, some of them may still have worked pretty well and would have still been fit to sell.

Or is there another problem that I am missing ?

-Gabriel-

there are always ways to adjust optics even if they are hard sealed, but mirror alignment isn't going to change the divergence. Even if it gets into a better mode with alignment the divergence won't be any better. It may appear to be better if your going from, say, tem01 back to tem00 just because the overall spot size is smaller; but mathematically the divergence shouldn't really change with mirror alignment.

Krutz

i have no chance to get into the cavity with hard-sealed tubes, i guess? so no way to put some extra brewster-mirror or some filter into the path, to have a lower-powered singlemode-he-ne? not that i would have optics with a low enough absorbance to not kill the low laser-gain completely.. ;-)

ah, i'll leave the tube closed, experiment with external recollimating, and will get a better collimated one if i ever feel to need it :)

oh, and i need a 635nm diode now, of course! :)

interesting stuff here!

manuel