Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

awesome lasers.com

so i came across the site awesomelasers.com, and they look pretty legit, with having some pretty high output lasers, for quite an inexpensive price. ex. the 200mw for 169.95. plus the site looks like someone took time on it, therefore not being a scam, plus with having a warranty on the lasers and a phone number to call as well, i think it looks real.

i was just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them, or heard of them, if not if someone with a lot of laser experience could check the site out and see if they look legit, and if its worth buying something from them. thanks in advance.

so i came across the site awesomelasers.com, and they look pretty legit, with having some pretty high output lasers, for quite an inexpensive price. ex. the 200mw for 169.95. plus the site looks like someone took time on it, therefore not being a scam, plus with having a warranty on the lasers and a phone number to call as well, i think it looks real.

i was just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them, or heard of them, if not if someone with a lot of laser experience could check the site out and see if they look legit, and if its worth buying something from them. thanks in advance.

Lawlz, you're obviously not trying to get feedback on your website. No I don't think its legit. Yes I think its a scam, because the website looks like a 12 year old made it. And ooohh, a phone number!! I think I might just send them (you) 5 grand because I can always call to get it back.

Wait, wait, it gets better! Here's a video of someone lighting a cig with a 300mW green laser without saftey glasses, pointing it at they're face. Awesome!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pto4LdGcVrI&feature=player_embedded

At the bottom of this page.
http://awesomelasers.com/youtubevideos.htm

Last edited:
welcome to the forum awesome lasers.com.

fess up, it's you.

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

mat.jpg

I have compiled a list of "must read" information, it will make your time with us more productive and pleasant.

Laser Resources (for n00bs and veterans alike!)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/looking-build-laser-read-me-47684.html

Sam's Laser FAQ (The Laser Bible)

Sam's Laser FAQ - Preface, Introduction, What is a Laser?, Safety

RP Photonics Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology

Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology - an Open Access Resource of In-Depth Information, Free Articles, Nonlinear and Fiber Optics

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

search.gif

yea i guess it does seem pretty fake with that video, but thanks pontiac for being the donkey of the crew, and photonaholic thanks for the posts, i will be reading them

well yeah i didnt watch those, but coincidence it is. how original is having a pontiac user name. plus if i was with them, why would i be asking feed back. i asked a simple question, im new to lasers, so i dont need stupid answers.

Well if you are new to lasers and you are not affiliated with awesomelasers then I apologize, but I don't like the spam.
It really seems like you are from awesomelasers looking to see if there is any interest, especially since the website is new and under construction. If you are not, then in my opinion you should stay away from awesomelasers, its obviously just someone trying to resell stuff you can get cheaper elsewhere.
If you are looking to buy a laser like on awesomelasers, check out rayfoss.com or o-like.com. They are much cheaper and are most likely the same lasers that this Dave guy is trying to sell.
Also if you are new, I don't suggest trying to light a smoke like Dave does in that video, that is a extremely good way to put you're eye out.
Check out the links that photonaholic posted, and post what exactly it is you are trying to do with lasers and someone will point you in the right direction.

well first i am in no way with the site, just came across it, and being new, thought it looked like a good laser. i will be reading what photonaholic posted.

and for what i want, i would like something that would burn stuff, but i know i would hurt someone, so im pretty much just looking for a powerful lasers, able to see the beam, which i think is sweet

Blue Handheld  Lasers

Don't try to read the desciption... it needs "decryption". It will give you a laugh, though.
So will this just under it:

200 Milliwatt Blue / Violet 473 nM LASER Pointer w/ Star Cap

Yeah. Sure.

Group Facepalm anybody?

And there always be ONE that will claim that such a site sells LEGIT lasers.

yeahhh, the site does look like a 12 year old man it, i guess i just got caught up, plus looking at rayfloss lasers they seem to have the same prices, plus a name people know

"Blue LASERs are more of a novelty item than a practical alternative to Green LASERS. They are extremely inefficient as to the output power they produce relative to the power they consume from the batteries. With some "Blue-ray" LASERs, the beam spot appears almost white. In order to achieve appreciable power output at the "blue / violet" wavelength, a larger diode must be used because the power it must dissipate is almost 8 times that of a comparable green LASER. "Blue" LASERS are typically unsuitable for continuous output due to the power requirements and the need for additional heat-sinking. Physically, the optics ("guts") of these LASERs is more complex and the cost is significantly higher than a green LASER of identical power. Since the human eye is less sensitive to this color than it is to green, the blue LASER's beam is not nearly as visible as a green LASER of identical power output."

I don't think a single sentence in this "decryption" is true except for the last sentence :crackup:

"Blue LASERs are more of a novelty item than a practical alternative to Green LASERS. They are extremely inefficient as to the output power they produce relative to the power they consume from the batteries. With some "Blue-ray" LASERs, the beam spot appears almost white. In order to achieve appreciable power output at the "blue / violet" wavelength, a larger diode must be used because the power it must dissipate is almost 8 times that of a comparable green LASER. "Blue" LASERS are typically unsuitable for continuous output due to the power requirements and the need for additional heat-sinking. Physically, the optics ("guts") of these LASERs is more complex and the cost is significantly higher than a green LASER of identical power. Since the human eye is less sensitive to this color than it is to green, the blue LASER's beam is not nearly as visible as a green LASER of identical power output."

I don't think a single sentence in this "decryption" is true except for the last sentence :crackup:
Dude...
Why bother?

The author is not aware that the meter is written without capital M, and wherever you look, you see 'nM' instead od 'nm', describing wavelenght.

Don't go read though FAQ, you gonna facepalm so hard that the hand outline will be on your forhead for a week.
Just a friendly warning based on my personal experience 2 minutes ago.

why do some of the rayfloss lasers have ir filters and some dont? i thought all lasers needed them.
and if i get one (one of the 200 mw) without the ir filter what goggles will i need, i found a few links in the forum but they were expired

why do some of the rayfloss lasers have ir filters and some dont? i thought all lasers needed them.
and if i get one (one of the 200 mw) without the ir filter what goggles will i need, i found a few links in the forum but they were expired
IR filter block out the 808 and 1064 nm light that is leftover from DPSS conversion system.

Generally, IR filtered lasers are safer, and that is about it.
IR leak is about 15% of total output power of the laser.

If the 200mW green laser would produce exactly 200mW of green light, there would be a 30mW of harmful invisible IR there also, totaling 230 mW reading on unfiltered LPM, and possibly that IR could reflect and harm your eyes without you even being aware.

That is rarely the case, I am yet to see someone reporting injury because of IR leak from green laser.
Usually the accident is from green light itself, and IR leak is not focused so it will stop being dangerous after few meters of travel, depending on the power.