Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome host and heatsink for $6.76!

jwjsr

Know anything bout panasonic lx-600, goggled around a little but have found nothing yet about its laser(s), I'd rather not take the cover off it you know.

jwjsr

no yellow stickers inside the lx-600. guess i'm gonna have to buy one.

ahh I know the feeling, when I wanted to build a burning DVD laser I couldn't find a diode anywhere so I got it from my working laptop lol. (just a tip its cheaper to buy it then take it from a working laptop)

jwjsr

The only way to tell if any DVD player has a decent laser diode is to look for the Warning, If it says Warning/Caution Class 3B Laser Radiation like the pic down below then it mean it has a high power diode, Blue ray players would probably say class 4 because the have more powerful laser diodes in them.

If your dvd player doesnt say Class 3B Laser Radiation then you can buy a diode here 300mw 650nm diode a Driver from here Batteries and charger from here Select set 1 then you need safety goggles and yes you really do need them a 300mw laser is dangerous if it can cut tape it can cut your eye.

if your dvd player does have a class 3b warning exstract the diode just youtube it, buy the driver, batteries and safty goggles from above and get This diode module and This lens to focus the laser along with the safety goggles. And I know that the goggles cost more then everything else but they can be used with red and green lasers and you can use lasers up to 10W with them! And trust me you will build a few more lasers.

bi0wi0.jpg

Fasttech is temp out of stock on the drivers. I'm gonna search around and ask flaminpryro and lazereer about them. In the meantime if you have another source link for the Driver please send it. Thanks

Fasttech is temp out of stock on the drivers. I'm gonna search around and ask flaminpryro and lazereer about them. In the meantime if you have another source link for the Driver please send it. Thanks

That driver from FT has been out of stock for a long time.

If you where on an extremely tight budget you can buy this driver and just remove one of the AMC chips to provide 350ma.

Otherwise ask if Flaminpyro has a driver suitable for your application, an x-drive would be a much better, more reliable solution.

That driver from FT has been out of stock for a long time.

If you where on an extremely tight budget you can buy this driver and just remove one of the AMC chips to provide 350ma.

Otherwise ask if Flaminpyro has a driver suitable for your application, an x-drive would be a much better, more reliable solution.

Personally I think the AMC driver from fasttech is fine, the only time I would use a x-drive is if you need power over 1400ma or in between 350,700,1050 or 1400ma.

and yer just get the driver that will manners linked and just take off the other chip, if you don't feel like soldering just carefully rip it of(that's what I did lol).

jwjsr

Personally I think the AMC driver from fasttech is fine, the only time I would use a x-drive is if you need power over 1400ma or in between 350,700,1050 or 1400ma.

and yer just get the driver that will manners linked and just take off the other chip, if you don't feel like soldering just carefully rip it of(that's what I did lol).

That's what I needed to hear! Everything is now ordered. Thanks for the help, tips, etc..

Good luck! with your build (if you need any help or get stuck just ask) and don't forget to make a new thread with pictures once it is finished.

jwjsr

Good luck! with your build (if you need any help or get stuck just ask) and don't forget to make a new thread with pictures once it is finished.
Everything finally arrived.
I ordered that 700ma driver y'all said that I could just remove one of the chips from https://www.fasttech.com/products/1...-amc7135-led-flashlight-driver-circuit-gener-
Do i just connect red to red and black to black from the diode?
ON the fastech host, is the bulb end of the host supposed to unscrew like the tail cap does? I haven't put a wrench on it yet but it will not unscrew by hand.
Do i solder the spring that came in the bulb end of the fastech host to the outer ring on the driver?

jwjsr

You must have used a "blank contact board" on the build in these pics? Because I don't see any wires from the driver to the diode? Right?

jwjser just remove one of the chip from the driver, and solder the red wire from the driver to the red wire of the diode, and the black/blue wire from the driver to the black wire of the diode, you may have to unscrew the end of the module for it to fit.

Last edited:

jwjsr

jwjser just remove one of the chip from the driver, and solder the red wire from the driver to the red wire of the diode, and the black/blue wire from the driver to the black wire of the diode, you may have to unscrew the end of the module for it to fit.
Thank ya deltawars, Did you notice crazyspaz soldered the spring to the driver?
How did you get the original innards out of the host.?