Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome Day for Mail

Its not the police officers that make the laws. They are out there risking their lives daily for you to be safer so that's quite an unreasonable thing to say.

Police officers do greatly influence the creation of new laws, and policies.

They routinely interpret laws in ways that were never intended. (For example using wiretapping laws to prevent videotaping of themselves.)

They routinely abuse their power, and serve no other purpose than to enforce "crimes" that are truly victimless.

As for risking their lives... HA... right.... I suppose it depends on where you live, but the only thing most cops in my county risk is a coronary from eating too many donuts, and then getting red in the face yelling at people.

Also, let's not forget... it's their JOB to risk their lives, and more often than not they are well compensated for that risk.

If police departments were volunteer based, perhaps I would be a lot more inclined to trust them.

To date, in all my life, I can safely say I would be better off never having been "helped" by a cop.

But, if I was ever told that I couldn't have a knife just out in general (not counting things like a school campus and a concert) there would be hell to pay... at least California isn't THAT big of a wuss state XD

California has some rather restrictive laws too... the difference may well be in enforcement, which is exactly where cops come into play.

Its not the police officers that make the laws. They are out there risking their lives daily for you to be safer so that's quite an unreasonable thing to say.

But, if I was ever told that I couldn't have a knife just out in general (not counting things like a school campus and a concert) there would be hell to pay... at least California isn't THAT big of a wuss state XD

Sorry for the double post, but here's another cop "risking" his life...

Chicago cop shoots prized puppy: FIRST ON FOX - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

Interesting that days later some "good" cops stop by to write more tickets...

Yup, because a few cops make bad decisions that means they are all bad. Clearly. Not because they are human and can make mistakes, no they are all fat, lazy, evil, puppy killers. But hey, at least until an apocalypse they will be out there being shot at and dieing already right?

EDIT: actually not sure why the conversation turned this way so lets turn it back.

@jnhowett
Do you have the ability to LPM your laser? How stable does the laser seem?

Anyone else having issues loading the jetlasers website?

Last edited:
Yup, because a few cops make bad decisions that means they are all bad. Clearly. Not because they are human and can make mistakes, no they are all fat, lazy, evil, puppy killers. But hey, at least until an apocalypse they will be out there being shot at and dieing already right?

1. No one forces a cop to become a cop. Those that do, do so of their own free will.
2. Cops cover for cops. Good cops often cover or overlook the actions of bad cops, ergo, yes they are all bad.
3. Everyone makes mistakes. Cops make them while armed, and often get away with the kind of mistakes that land anyone else in jail. Just imagine the outcry if a neighbor, or some stranger shot that dog instead... they would be arrested and in jail on multiple charges.
4. Cops tend to think of other people either as COPS, or PERPS. There is rarely if ever a middle ground.

So "yup" does seem accurate.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Just look at the recent story that NYPD put out there of ONE cop on a police force of THOUSANDS doing something nice for once.

Edit: Yes on jetlasers, also wouldn't load for me.

Last edited:

EDIT: actually not sure why the conversation turned this way so lets turn it back.

@jnhowett
Do you have the ability to LPM your laser? How stable does the laser seem?

Anyone else having issues loading the jetlasers website?

I did two LPM tests one with graph which was sent to Jordan (kenometer & Radiant X5) stable and overspec.

did you try greenlaserpointer.org yet? or sending me a PM this is GB #8 so .... I have help for you if needed..hak

Nice pics and i also much prefer the 'bloody' knife :)

Last edited: