Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awaiting shipment!: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: OPEN: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Like I said, didn't have time, still have the videos, but in retrospect I'm easily out $200-$300. Not sure how many GB's back that was, it was about a year ago.

Did they ever work out the boxes being broken? Not a big deal, but that also annoyed me to have literally half of them come in broke.

Let me know what they say about the 50mW.

Hey man! I contacted kevin about it. You can email him about the issues from previous GB's on laser@laserbtb.com. To sort things out. Concerning the 50mW i will add the laser when i get home from work. :)

For now here is what I am thinking:

- 100mW 532nM website price $59.04 Offroads GB price $48
- 130mW 635nM website price $57.40 Offroads GB price $47
- 80mW 650nM website price $24.60 Offroads GB price $19

I can't say I will 100% get these, though. i will continue to think about it, in the meantime- thanks for organizing another GB :beer:

Edit: I assume the 638 is single mode, right?

Hey! Awesome that you are joining. I will add you in the second post when i get back home! The 638 is multimode (If i look at IE his post)

Is it possible to get in on the 5mW 515nm pen? If not, I'll take a 30mW HL515.

Even more unlikely, can I pay extra to get one cherry picked on their spectromenter for <510nm?

Lastly, I'd like an HL445 1W

:)

Hey! Unfortunately there is no option to get cherry picked lasers. It is luck of the draw really.. We are not going to add the 5mW pen. Only higher powered models. Kevin made an exception for the 50mW 532 because it is most likely more popular then others. So i will add you for the HL515 if that is ok with you?

I wish I had a spectro to test my 515, because im sure its below 520 (in otherwords, an actual 515 diode). You may be thinking "Yea well no sh!t, stooge," but remember laserBTB is a chinese company, and chinese companies have a tendency to "mislable" things. Its nothing like 500nm, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was <515nm

Well you couldb be lucky :) problem is you will never know if you have a freak diode untill you spectro it!

Greetings,

:beer:

What about the PL-450 100 did he say if that could be offered in this gb or ?

Gah, its multimode? What the heck sense does that make, theres a 120mw single mode diode available!

I updated everything. I noticed 532nm is a few bucks more expensive then last GB. Maybe this is due to exchange rates?

What about the PL-450 100 did he say if that could be offered in this gb or ?

Does that model even exist? :tinfoil:

greetings,

Robin

Hey man! I contacted kevin about it. You can email him about the issues from previous GB's on laser@laserbtb.com. To sort things out. Concerning the 50mW i will add the laser when i get home from work. :)

Hey! Awesome that you are joining. I will add you in the second post when i get back home! The 638 is multimode (If i look at IE his post)

Thanks, I'll shoot him an email.

Yes, the 638 is most definitely multimode. Overspec IIRC, but the beam is horrible.

That is monumentally silly. There are >100mW SM 638s so why not offer it :thinking:

In that case, I'm out of this GB...

That is monumentally silly. There are >100mW SM 638s so why not offer it :thinking:

In that case, I'm out of this GB...

Why is that silly? The single mode diode is twice as expensive? Also sure you want nothing else? There are some sweet deals :)

put me down for the PL650

Why is that silly? The single mode diode is twice as expensive? Also sure you want nothing else? There are some sweet deals :)

'nuff said

is the 100mw 638 pen single mode? if so, any chance of getting that added to this GB? For now, my tentative order is this:

- 80mW 405nM website price $30.34 Offroads GB price $24

Could you ask kevin if they could offer a single mode >100mw 638 pen? the diodes exist and aren't expensive...I know its a long shot, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Last edited:

I'm good for now. I was only really interested in the 638 as a star pointer if it were single mode, and it now looks like I'm getting the 589 which will fill its purpose.

'nuff said

is the 100mw 638 pen single mode? if so, any chance of getting that added to this GB? For now, my tentative order is this:

- 80mW 405nM website price $30.34 Offroads GB price $24

Could you ask kevin if they could offer a single mode >100mw 638 pen? the diodes exist and aren't expensive...I know its a long shot, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Oh i see now. Both are single mode. I thought the link you showed was multimode and the other one single mode.

I allready asked about the single mode availability. Hope to hear from kevin soon. Also i will change your order! :beer:

put me down for the PL650

Sweet :beer: adding you now!

I'm good for now. I was only really interested in the 638 as a star pointer if it were single mode, and it now looks like I'm getting the 589 which will fill its purpose.

Sure :D

Greetings,

Oh i see now. Both are single mode. I thought the link you showed was multimode and the other one single mode.

I allready asked about the single mode availability. Hope to hear from kevin soon. Also i will change your order! :beer:

Sweet :beer: adding you now!

Sure :D

Greetings,

wait a second, hwut? the pens ARE single mode?

Ah. Lets hope he adds the single mode variant, then.

He did :) but i am at work now. So i will add it after work!

Greetings,