Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awaiting shipment!: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: OPEN: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Does anyone have any idea why the higher power 515nm (50mW), is offered only in the pen style host, while the larger HL series only offers the 515nm at (30mW)?

They both seem to use the same 30mW Osram diode; you'd think the higher output would be put the larger, better heatsinked host. Granted, we're not talking high output powers, but still..... :)

Does anyone have any idea why the higher power 515nm (50mW), is offered only in the pen style host, while the larger HL series only offers the 515nm at (30mW)?

They both seem to use the same 30mW Osram diode; you'd think the higher output would be put the larger, better heatsinked host. Granted, we're not talking high output powers, but still..... :)

I dont actually have a clue. But i think the HL will do the same power as the pen. Especially if they use the same diode.

Greetings,,

would there be any issues shipping my order to Connecticut? has customs been a problem?

UPDATE:

I posted a review of the waterproof 445 and the 445 with modes here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...-1w-445-modes-laserbtb-90467.html#post1315895

Also other great news is that the gift for a 500$ purchase changed!

You get to choose between the the two lasers i posted in the above review!

- LFP445H- 1000mW

- HL445- 1000mW

How sweet is this! You purchase for 500$ which allready has about 20% discount on it. And then you still get a gift that is worth well over 100$!

greetings,

Robin

ru124t

The only thing I need is the "guts" for my dragon laser Spartan 1 watt 447. I think I blew it when I incorrectly charged the tenergy batteries. I have no idea how to fix it. It probably needs lens, driver and diode. I talked to them about shipping it back for repair, but they were not at all helpful, and when I finally coaxed an answer out of them, they said it would be too expensive . Anyone out there who can repair this or can the parts be bought for self repair, perhaps on group buy? Sorry for the hijack but it is a thought for group buy.

If your laser is glued together just as wel as the lasers in this GB is wish you good luck :p

You would have to find somebody that will try to open it up and fix it for you. Seems to me your better off buying a new laser if all the things you count are all broken.

Greetings,,

ru124t

I think I might send it to Mrcrouse and get him to make a mega plug and burn host out of it for me!

I think I might send it to Mrcrouse and get him to make a mega plug and burn host out of it for me!

Yes but then you would still need somebody to build the laser for you. If you are interested in a custom limited host from mrcrouse. Take a look at my zaser sale thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-offroad-s-hex-zaser-limited-edition-lasers-89458.html

If you have more questions feel free to PM me. :beer:

Greetings,

Robin

EDIT: sorry misread your post. You want to keep the original dragon laser host and modify it. My bad :tinfoil:

Last edited:

Not particularly happy with my last GB experience with Laser BTB, half were underspec, my fault I didn't have the time to deal with the matter at the time, but they screwed up big time, and I'm still holding on to some underspec lasers as a result.

Any chance of the cheaper ones being included in the GB, the handheld HL532 50, or 100mW? They make for interesting gifts.

hm laserbtb underspec lasers? no way..

Not particularly happy with my last GB experience with Laser BTB, half were underspec, my fault I didn't have the time to deal with the matter at the time, but they screwed up big time, and I'm still holding on to some underspec lasers as a result.

Any chance of the cheaper ones being included in the GB, the handheld HL532 50, or 100mW? They make for interesting gifts.

Hey man!

That was actually two/three GB's ago i believe. I can not remember laserbtb screwing up that time? You made videos of the lasers being underspec but you did not ship them back? With indeed the result they were not replaced. (Am i right?) i dont think you can blame laserbtb for not having time yourself. However i do agree that the returning proces is quite time consuming.

First you make the video. I send them to kevin. He decides if he wants them back. If he tests them to be underspec himself he pays for the shipping and gives a refund or new lasers. With free shipping. But i must say QC improved after the one you participated in. We had no issues with anyone at all. I just do not want to mess with all the fuss.

I do not think all the cheaper lasers will be included in the GB anymore. But i will discuss it nevertheless if more people want for example a 50mW 532nm.

Greetings :beer:

Like I said, didn't have time, still have the videos, but in retrospect I'm easily out $200-$300. Not sure how many GB's back that was, it was about a year ago.

Did they ever work out the boxes being broken? Not a big deal, but that also annoyed me to have literally half of them come in broke.

Let me know what they say about the 50mW.

For now here is what I am thinking:

- 100mW 532nM website price $59.04 Offroads GB price $48
- 130mW 635nM website price $57.40 Offroads GB price $47
- 80mW 650nM website price $24.60 Offroads GB price $19

I can't say I will 100% get these, though. i will continue to think about it, in the meantime- thanks for organizing another GB :beer:

Edit: I assume the 638 is single mode, right?

Last edited:

Is it possible to get in on the 5mW 515nm pen? If not, I'll take a 30mW HL515.

Even more unlikely, can I pay extra to get one cherry picked on their spectromenter for <510nm?

Lastly, I'd like an HL445 1W

:)

Last edited:

I wish I had a spectro to test my 515, because im sure its below 520 (in otherwords, an actual 515 diode). You may be thinking "Yea well no sh!t, stooge," but remember laserBTB is a chinese company, and chinese companies have a tendency to "mislable" things. Its nothing like 500nm, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was <515nm