Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aurora C8 Kit Giveaway!

CROPxi

My internet connection was terminated(i guess it spels that way)
i wasnt online for 13-14 days i guess
eudaimonium showed me this forum and i registerd :D
im i bit noob with lasers,i only built 1 (labby red ~210mw) :/
i hope that you will make good laser with it because i was just planning to make 445nm laser :D
Well,at least i can congratulate you LORDJET :D

Last edited:

Ok guy's, just an update. This beast of a host arrived yesterday. And I must say I am very impressed! That heat sink is a work of art! And I really like the way it feels, can't wait to build this into ( Hopefully ) a 2 watt build:cool: It looks like there may be enough room on the back side of the heat sink to mount two flexdrives. Anyway, thanks Moh for donating this, you rock!:beer:

LORDJET:
Depending on your diodes efficiency you may not hit the Mythical 2W mark, so keep that in mind.

Hey Coherent, yes I was aware of that fact;) I was ( am ) hoping I will get lucky in that department! kind of like the box of chocolates syndrome, If I do go this route, I will probably set each one to around 850ma each, giving it no more than 1.7a, hopefully that will keep me out of trouble! Thanks,
James

One of My newest diodes will only do 900mW @1.1a, so it's less efficient than most. I have another one that's still sealed in it's ESD bag, and I hope it does better when I get ready to test it.

One of My newest diodes will only do 900mW @1.1a, so it's less efficient than most. I have another one that's still sealed in it's ESD bag, and I hope it does better when I get ready to test it.

Yep they very by quite a bit. I have one doing 672mW at 700ma with no lens at all :). Just waiting on my Ehgemus host to put it in.