Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

astralist drivers and hyperion LPMs

Thanks, Len. I am going to review these drivers too. But, mine will have to wait until after I get home from the hospital in Seattle. I just don't have enough time to do everything before Monday.

best wishes Paul..

They are very small== no problem fitting inside AixiZ modules AND are made with double thickness copper for heat and you can attach heatsink directly w/ heat transfer paste-- nothing on the bottom of the driver...

Astralist writes that the solder holes are extremely small and it takes "POST HUMAN" soldering skillz--lol== Super Human myb..post?
Any living dead here??-
BBL with my testing set-up and take some readings..& compare w/ my other LPM s--which BTW have not been calibrated in a LONG time. (like as in NEVER)
Ken-o-lite 1450mW v Hyperion 1599mW IIRC JL said it was 1600 tested at JL w/ Lasersbee.
$3 red pen pointer 91mW wow

They aren't that bad. Holes could be a hair larger. You'll want a 3.3v lifepo4 cell for the boost drivers. Notice the diff between the sales thread and discussion thread for the boost LV for input voltage.

Last edited:
Hey Hak...

Put me down for two (2) Superdrive LV units.

Thanx,
CDBEAM

Added Note.....After re-reading the Meter review...Maybe the drivers are NOT part of the Group buy ???
Dunno ???? Guess I will find out !!!.....Hak may be thinking...WTF is this Bozo talk'in about !!!

Last edited:
Hey Len... What is Astra ????
Are those the astralist drivers ??
If so maybe add that to the tittle..:)

Jerry

Last edited:
BUMPING UPDATE.
working on a few deluxe 'Astra' Hyperions price not yet determined but these will look great on your work bench.
No need to hold the laser in hand etc . Once lined up it they stay lined up.
Timers (2)/ temp gauges (two sensors), active cooled heat sink, power strip w/ place for two USB .. and more--all mounted on a nice Alley plate. If you want to wait to upgrade later to max for additional $75 (~20W) that is n/p.. till then they handle a lot.. and you could split the beam and measure both the add the two readings til then.

PM to get on my list..

ALSO Posting 'feeler' for another 405 diode GB of ~10 pcs 405nm diodes.. these make 900-to 1W and if you feel brave some have pushed these higher (LIKE 1.5W). PM me asap. there WILL be a wait time before these are harvested and shipped.

Hi Hak, Been wondering what Astralist's up to regarding the Hyperion meters - might be interested if the price is right... (after all - it's just been Christmas so money's a little tighter than I'd like...).

I'd be interested in the 405s too but will probably order from DTR at some point later in January as I'm going to get a few bits then...

Good luck and I hope there's interest out there :)

Which diode, specifically, are you talking about that is 405nm? Is it the 3.8 mm one in the BDR-209 devices? If so, what price are you expecting for them? I could be interested if I knew these particulars.

Len....More details on the Meter ….Please !!! or a link ??? or pics.....or....ALL of the aforementioned ???....I would want the 20W Unit. Some
"Kucklehead "scorched the inside black Matte surface of my Scientech 362 Meter Sensor ….with a very focused 044LD....DUH !!!! HAHAHAHA !! Not 100% sure the readings are accurate ????? Always room to make mistakes !!!!
CDBEAM

Last edited:
Hmmmm....THIS Knucklehead !!! The one and only CDBEAM !!!.....WOW !!! Maybe that Black Matte material can be replaced in the Sensor Head ???? I will call Scientech tomorrow. They are still in business. They provided a copy of the Users Manual for the # 362 several years ago....and where very good to talk with !!!!

I bet I am NOT the first Knucklehead....to " ZAP " the target with toooo much concentrated photonic energy. I imagine.....any meter sensor can be damaged by a highly focused beam....at the focal point !!!....SO....always de-focus the beam....B4 ya see the smoke !!! :oops::oops::oops: CDBEAM

I knew that, Bob. I just couldn't resist yanking on your chain. Or rattling your cage. :D

Sorry for leaving this thread like I did.
I am going to work on the LPM set-up.
I will have the code to go big as soon as I have the extra $$$ to pay.
ATM it stops reading at 2000mW- these have the small white sensor for high power (20W)
the basic is an Al. plate with both LPM 'parts' .
the extras I can add are:
Strip center w/ USB ports and power spots for all.
Helping hands w/ mag glass. LED mini work light.
100X microscope camera w/ 'soft' that allows adding text to pics.
Heat probes w/ readout for laser and LPM sensor as well as ambient temp.
I have several carry cases to choose from.
Steampunk wood- cheap hard shell
Peli-clone cases at 1/3 the cost of the real thing. (only diff is the hardware--
on the Pelican its stainless on the JustinCase Peli-clones its not stainless.
the sizes starting at $19 for the small. and up.

got to stop atm==back later