Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ArmLaser and BeamQ

I took a look at them before and thought the prices were high, much of what they offered was the same you can get elsewhere just marked way up, but I have not bought from either.

I've emailed them about a Panasonic dual wavelength laser diode which is priced well, kept asking if they would sell for less if I ordered a large number of them, but they wouldn't answer that question, side stepped it every time. Since so much of their other stuff is marked too high, I'm wondering how much business they do and if they deliver to their customers. I found another web site with the same laser diode for much less, yoycart.com but they look like a fake Chinese ripoff to me, show low prices but shipping two hundred dollars for a quarter pound? I think not.

Encap

They both have the same California address and both charge double the going price for anything they sell.

If based in USA they are both engaged in illegal lasers sales and distribution to end users according to US laws---outlaw activities.
FDA should shut them down and fine the $300,000 for being the ***holes they are. That being said they have some good information just nothing for sale at reasonable prices

BeamQ is also the Japanese site I would guess as they have a link to it at bottom of every page : http://www.asitalaser.com/

Here is one opinion: WolSoft tech news, reviews and more: Don't buy laser products from WWW.ARMLASER.COM or WWW.BEAMQ.COM

Last edited:
I found the same photo of the laser diode I wanted to buy (not a panasonic photo, a poorly lighted photo) on another web site for 60% the price they want. What they are doing is drop shipping orders and raking in the profits on top after increasing the price 40%,

I spoke about my experience here with BeamQ. I bought a 594 from them, and when I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund I physically had to open a case with PayPal on them. Took a few days(they never responded), so I automatically got my money back.

Don’t buy from them!

-Alex

I can see that now, no way Jose! I found the same Panasonic dual wavelength RED/IR diode on another web site for a much better price too, but this one is in Japan and reminds me of BeamQ for some reason, could it be another one? www.kalaser.com

Edit: The KaLaser site looks good, they even have 589 nm but high priced: http://www.kalaser.com/80mw-p-312.html

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Encap

I can see that now, no way Jose! I found the same Panasonic dual wavelength RED/IR diode on another web site for a much better price too, but this one is in Japan and reminds me of BeamQ for some reason, could it be another one? ???????????????????????????kalaser????

Edit: The KaLaser site looks good, they even have 589 nm but high priced: ????????????? 80mw ????????????? [] - 280000? : ???????????????????????????kalaser????

That is because it is just another bite by same guy as Armlaser---same registrant in China
Registrant Contact
Name: yi liu
Organization:
Mailing Address: wen san road 90, hangzhou zhejiang 310012 CN

Hmmm.... so you found that ArmLaser, BeamQ and KaLaser are all the same company?

Encap

Hmmm.... so you found that ArmLaser, BeamQ and KaLaser are all the same company?

??? not sure but either that or some sort of collusion tgether seem to be Canada USA, China and Japan involved.

Armlaser and Kalaser and Asitalaser same registrant in China By ICANN

Armlaser and BeamQ same address in California and Canada by web site

2+2=4??

I see what it is now, ArmLaser and BeamQ are doing a drop shipment arrangement with some other company, the KaLaser.com might be the origin company, but being in Japan, I think they might just be a third drop shipment distributor for some other company in China. Thing which makes me think KaLaser.com might be origin is due to the 60% price for that diode, compared to ArmLaser.com - the web sites appear to be created by the same company as a template which can be adjusted. Not all of the sell the same things, but they each sell lasers.

I'm going to give KaLaser a try with my PayPal and see if they deliver, 4.21 USD for the dual wavelength laser diodes I want is a great price. Of course, we've recently seen how a great price can spell scammer on ebay, wish me luck!

Encap

I see what it is now, ArmLaser and BeamQ are doing a drop shipment arrangement with some other company, the KaLaser.com might be the origin company, but being in Japan, I think they might just be a third drop shipment distributor for some other company in China. Thing which makes me think KaLaser.com might be origin is due to the 60% price for that diode, compared to ArmLaser.com - the web sites appear to be created by the same company as a template which can be adjusted. Not all of the sell the same things, but they each sell lasers.

I'm going to give KaLaser a try with my PayPal and see if they deliver, 4.21 USD for the dual wavelength laser diodes I want is a great price. Of course, we've recently seen how a great price can spell scammer on ebay, wish me luck!
Yeah try if you like the price--can't hurt can always dispute--good luck

With PPal worth a try, I think this Kalaser.com might be wearing a white hat, the others, no so much. If anyone else is interested in this diode, they are single mode red and IR, the power rating isn't what is shown on that photo I posted last, that's the pulse rating. A data sheet document on this diode, or what I believe this diode is, can be found here: LNCT28PF01WW: https://industrial.panasonic.com/content/data/SC/ds/ds4/LNCT28PF01WW_E.pdf

There are three versions of this diode, this is probably one of these three: Panasonic dual wavelength part numbers LNCT22PK01WW - LNCT28PF01WW - LNCT28PS01WW

Edit: These are single mode laser diodes with about as tight a divergence as I've seen for red or IR wavelength, and these are MAX underlined in red, min is awesome, the lowest figure I have seen yet for an uncollimated output. Looks great to me:

Last edited:

Encap

With PPal worth a try, I think this Kalaser.com might be wearing a white hat, the others, no so much. If anyone else is interested in this diode, they are single mode red and IR, the power rating isn't what is shown on that photo I posted last, that's the pulse rating. A data sheet document on this diode, or what I believe this diode is, can be found here: LNCT28PF01WW: https://industrial.panasonic.com/content/data/SC/ds/ds4/LNCT28PF01WW_E.pdf

There are three versions of this diode, this is probably one of these three: Panasonic dual wavelength part numbers LNCT22PK01WW - LNCT28PF01WW - LNCT28PS01WW

Edit: These are single mode laser diodes with about as tight a divergence as I've seen for red or IR wavelength, looks great to me:

Agree Kalaser.com is probably the main bread and butter business/sales site targeting Japan at more rational prices and the others are just site with markups on top of Kalasers price

Asitalaser has a link at the bottom of every page just like on BeanQ so they are all related

Last edited:
Aha, I didn't notice that. Yes, some of the same stuff, I went there looking to see if I could get this diode at a lower price from them, nope, slightly higher.

By the way, looking at the specs for this, the maximum divergence is very low, even for a single mode, but the minimum divergence is far lower than I remember seeing for any single mode.

Edit: I just ordered 50 of them for 228 USD total, let's see what happens. The PPal email address is a 163.com which is Japanese, so he/she at least appear to be legit in that regard..

Last edited:
Aha, I didn't notice that. Yes, some of the same stuff, I went there looking to see if I could get this diode at a lower price from them, nope, slightly higher.

By the way, looking at the specs for this, the maximum divergence is very low, even for a single mode, but the minimum divergence is far lower than I remember seeing for any single mode.

Edit: I just ordered 50 of them for 228 USD total, let's see what happens. The PPal email address is a 163.com which is Japanese, so he/she at least appear to be legit in that regard..

isn't this one of those flat package diodes we have seen on dvd burners that have both wavelenghs?