Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Argon tube while lasing

Hey guys,
I wanted to snap a picture of the tube of my argon lasing while I had the head off. Here it is!

The blue 'glowing' of the tube is the exposed part of the tube that isn't covered in heat sinking, the pink glowing is the same thing with the addition of the red-hot glow of the cathode itself. To the far right is the HR end of the tube, with a little bit of the beam leaking out. It gets much brighter as the current is turned up, but I wasn't about to turn it up past an idle with no cooling!! It only ran for 3-5 seconds, just long enough to get the shot. Enjoy :)

000_0677.jpg

And a couple obligatory beam shots...

Idle:

000_0671.jpg

~8A tube current:

000_0672.jpg

:D

GooeyGus said:
Hey guys,
    I wanted to snap a picture of the tube of my argon lasing while I had the head off. Here it is!

The blue 'glowing' of the tube is the exposed part of the tube that isn't covered in heat sinking, the pink glowing is the same thing with the addition of the red-hot glow of the cathode itself. To the far right is the HR end of the tube, with a little bit of the beam leaking out. It gets much brighter as the current is turned up, but I wasn't about to turn it up past an idle with no cooling!! It only ran for 3-5 seconds, just long enough to get the shot. Enjoy  :)

000_0677.jpg

And a couple obligatory beam shots...

Idle:

000_0671.jpg

~8A tube current:

000_0672.jpg

:D
Grrrr.... :p