Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Argon ionization color

Since it had no ionisation from the igniter or HeNe driver it didnt matter what I did to it. The tube was obviously stuffed.

They say to use an oudin coil. They are also AC.

An oudin coil will only tell you if it is Gas Intact.

But they are great for testing HeNe tubes

Last edited:

Did you look through the output laser mirror to see the orange light? As far as I know, these mirrors are orange when looking through them and they can give you this orange colour of ionisation, when in fact it is completely different.

I see that Laserbuilder is selling a 150 mW multi-line argon, Mosc007. Just a thought for you.

Did you look through the output laser mirror to see the orange light? As far as I know, these mirrors are orange when looking through them and they can give you this orange colour of ionisation, when in fact it is completely different.

Maybe it's a very dull blue and the mirror makes it look orange. The other tube has a nice bright blue/white flash when trying to ignite. But it wont build a plasma. Suspected pressure is to low.

I see that Laserbuilder is selling a 150 mW multi-line argon, Mosc007. Just a thought for you.

I had a search thru the forum and can't finy any post about this. Maybe I should PM him ?

Expensive I imagine. But still likely cheaper than buying tubes on ebay, paying high shipping charges to Aus just to find out its dead.

Do you have any images?

I don't know much about argons as I haven't got mine running yet.
But take a look at this past thread. It may help.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f43/trying-get-argon-running-38680.html

IMG_02021.jpg

Hey I recognize that tube! Got way better pics if you need them, but the tube should glow light purpleish.