Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are Warnlaser.com or amazing1.com good 2 buy from?

djra

I am wanting to build as well as buy a few lasers, I just purchased a blu ray laser and now I am looking at green.
Is

warnlaser.com/green_laser/201mw_300mw.html (250mw)

or

amazing1.com/laser_pointers.htm model LAPNGR200 (200mw)

any good?
the amazing1.com lasers look like the came from CNI. but the warnlasers look like you get more bang for the buck.
(50mw more bang!)

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

djra

Re: Are Warnlaser.com or amazing1.com good 2 buy f

That sucks, I knew it was too good to be true. $529 for 250mW would have been really nice!! :'( :'( :'(

djra

BUT, if you look here

cnilaser.com/Contact.htm

they say that they supply laserglow.com AND amazing1.com, so doesnt that mean its the same laser? just different company? the lasers even LOOK identical on both sites!  :-?

--Chris

CNI is the manufacturer, but its up to the distributor (aka Laserglow and amazing1) for quality control. Laserglow has extensive laser testing equiptment for making sure your getting the power you pay for, amazing1 i have no idea what they do for quality control.

Laserglow is your best choice, period. Maybe look at optotronics as well.

ixfd64

NOVAlasers is also a good company. :)

djra

SO, if i buy a laser from amazing1.com and it turns out to be less mW than advertised, do you think they will take care of it and send me another laser that is up to spec? I dont mind having to send one back a few times to get a good deal just as long as they eventualy end up sending me one that is good.

djra said:
SO, if i buy a laser from amazing1.com and it turns out to be less mW than advertised, do you think they will take care of it and send me another laser that is up to spec? I dont mind having to send one back a few times to get a good deal just as long as they eventualy end up sending me one that is good.
Nope...

djra

well, i guess thats deal breaker then, im not willing to gamble with my money like that. thanks for the input!

Wait what?

You want to buy a 200mW red for $525?
Dealextreme carries a 200mW red (of admittedly lower quality materials, though just as powerful) for less than 1/10th that price.

Raybo

I have to admit that I purchased a 50mw greenie from Warnlaser (the laser that uses a CR2 cell) . :-/

Before anyone slams me, it was before I found these forums and any other infomation about lasers.
Now that I have said that, the 50mw laser pointers that I recieved from the Ledshoppe have a much better beam.

So I have just spent about 6X the amount on a much inferior laser......so live and learn!

Ray