Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic still not here

Here ya go i got this from them through their live chat crap but at 400 units a day do you think they are worried about quality control when they have all ready taken the cash. Any way this will cheer you up.

For customers who have inquiries or need assistance please create a
Wicked Lasers account and open a new help ticket here at
. However, please open only one ticket
for each issue.
You can also call 877-952-7377 for 24 hour phone support as well as
use the LiveChat.
As for The Arctic: We had a slight setback but worked very hard last
week until September 30 getting nearly 400 Arctics shipped per day.
As of September 28th we sent into the 52XXX order numbers to shipping.
We continued to manufacture and ship until October 1 when all
businesses in China went on a week long holiday. We will resume
working hard to get all orders out when the holiday is over. Customs
has kept a few of our lasers however, we are straightening this out
and will make sure all customers have been taken care of. Other
lasers been manufactured and will be getting ready to be shipped.

Last edited:

Make your own....much more fulfilling!
and cheaper
and cooler
(although I have always liked the arctic host...I just REFUSE to do business with Wicked)
I figure in the time of this whole Arctic BS I have trashed 5 diodes, made 2 pointers(one red, one 405) and learned a lot about the whole process.(pics coming)
This all being said though I still wish you best of luck in your order creanzworld17 and all others who ordered one of these lasers:horse:

Wicked WAS one of the top laser sites out there. The arctic's people have been receiving have been between 700-1100mw.

I just hope you guys are talking in terms of sales, and not quality.
I don't remember WL ever being a top site for "quality" builds.

Well thanks for all the replies. Glad to see I'm not the only one with issues :whistle: . Well in any case, I'll update eventually on the specs of mine WHEN it comes.

~Steve

Make your own....much more fulfilling!
and cheaper
and cooler
(although I have always liked the arctic host...I just REFUSE to do business with Wicked)
I figure in the time of this whole Arctic BS I have trashed 5 diodes, made 2 pointers(one red, one 405) and learned a lot about the whole process.(pics coming)
This all being said though I still wish you best of luck in your order creanzworld17 and all others who ordered one of these lasers:horse:
Yep thats what im about to do i have a one watt Dorcy Jnr which im going to stuff a 200/285 mw 635 into (if i can ) so that will be my second build..

Arctic just arrived. Just going by the naked eye i would say it isn't relative to a 1w, as it hardly starts a match on fire (1-2secs maybe, plus it doesn't even burn fast [might be due to the focus] I'll just go over my general thought of it below

--the focus is absolutely terrible (so much for long distance pointing!) Its more of an oval than a circle.
--the build quality is pretty good. Ive heard peoples reviews of how it sucked. Mine was built pretty well. No cheap parts to fall off or get damaged, or loose parts. The "clicky" switch seems pretty good too.
--beam is very bright, but over distance it disperses due to the oval shaped focus.
-burning capabilities: not to cool. The focus makes this a slow process for burning even black items.
--safety switch: Its a great idea! Anyone who is unfamiliar with this unit will have no clue how to use it if they pick it up. The only thing i dislike, is the fact when you turn it off, you need to redo the whole security process again.
--size: Its alright for a nice powerful handheld. Its more like a light saber handle.
--features: I like how you can switch from 10%-100% power. The pulse mode for this specific laser i find pointless. Unless you want a seizure :crackup:
--Overall: pretty nice for $200....i could've done without the 5 month wait.

ZapU

Arctic just arrived. Just going by the naked eye i would say it isn't relative to a 1w, as it hardly starts a match on fire (1-2secs maybe, plus it doesn't even burn fast [might be due to the focus] I'll just go over my general thought of it below

--the focus is absolutely terrible (so much for long distance pointing!) Its more of an oval than a circle.
--the build quality is pretty good. Ive heard peoples reviews of how it sucked. Mine was built pretty well. No cheap parts to fall off or get damaged, or loose parts. The "clicky" switch seems pretty good too.
--beam is very bright, but over distance it disperses due to the oval shaped focus.
-burning capabilities: not to cool. The focus makes this a slow process for burning even black items.
--safety switch: Its a great idea! Anyone who is unfamiliar with this unit will have no clue how to use it if they pick it up. The only thing i dislike, is the fact when you turn it off, you need to redo the whole security process again.
--size: Its alright for a nice powerful handheld. Its more like a light saber handle.
--features: I like how you can switch from 10%-100% power. The pulse mode for this specific laser i find pointless. Unless you want a seizure :crackup:
--Overall: pretty nice for $200....i could've done without the 5 month wait.

Glad you finally got your Arctic. :rolleyes:
If you haven't already, you should read both my reviews of the Arctics (shameless plug). Click on the links in my sig.

There is info on how to focus the lens for more burning power and what to look for in your beam profile.

Ah thanks for those links! Big potential help for focusing. Although my problem is-i cant seem to twist the black cap off, without twisting the inside module/lens piece.

Via the grapevine--WL may not be getting ANYTHING thru for a while-- and the recent harmful devices found in packages bound for the US have added to that problem.

I would like to hear from anyone who does recieve from WL in the next coming weeks- if anyone does that is. I know I sure would not order from them. I dont do LC but would like to hear what is being posted today???:anyone:

ZapU

Ah thanks for those links! Big potential help for focusing. Although my problem is-i cant seem to twist the black cap off, without twisting the inside module/lens piece.

You need a narrow needle nose pliers to reach in and hold the lower part.

Has anyone bypassed the safety switch somehow? I actually find it really annoying now. I like my handhelds to turn on..off...on..off. Not like in the arctics case where its "click..click..click..click..click..ON...click (off)... click..click..click..click..click..ON..click (off)