Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic made me do it

cyborg

Howdy all, joined this forum to learn more about the new S3 Spyder Arctic 445 laser I just received from WL. Had low power laser pointers for years, in fact the tech company I work for gives away hundreds of red ones at our trade shows as swag. Have a round beam 5mW 532 Green and now the G2 Arctic Blue. Had to wait a long time after ordering to get the G2. I had hoped to get it before Burning Man this year, but it did not arrive in time.

Really great info on this forum and look forward to learning more about the Arctic.
beer.gif

rathat

Welcome!
It would be awesome to have such a bright laser at burning man, it's unbelievably dark out there in the desert and there's thousands of people there who are right near you to see it!

Welcome!
It would be awesome to have such a bright laser at burning man, it's unbelievably dark out there in the desert and there's thousands of people there who are right near you to see it!

Unfortunately the desert is a very dry place. When its dry, air particles are very low. Without air particles you will not see the beam. Its also not a good idea to be flashing a very high power laser around a crowd. You could accidentally blind multiple people without even knowing it. Best to take a 50mW green. It will be bright, and less chance it hurting anyone. The Arctic is not a toy. You should show it the same respect as a gun. That is you keep constant attention where you point it, and you dont play with it. Even a reflection can blind you before you blink.

Welcome to the forum Cyborg :wave:
Did you go to BM this year ? how many blue lasers did you see there ?