Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic Knockoff on Ebay

I like how they always brag about their lasers being made from aircraft grade aluminum. I guess it could come in handy when the laser dies and you send it flying.

The point of Aircraft grade aluminum is that it is lighter than standard aluminum for the given strength. In short it's just a higher grade of aluminum.

This is a big problem in Chinese manufacturing. China has a very bad reputation for theft of designs and then reselling them. The 'skylasers' laser here was probably made in the exact same factory line as the arctic. (just like those designer bags you see). I have seen this even with Aixiz modules, you can get them cheaper and exactly the same from O-like. Who know if there is a patent for the Aixiz modules and what company might have it.

I doubt there's a patent on the aixiz modules, and even if there was, it would only be enforceable in the country it was applied for in. But it doesn't really matter. these modules are made in china to begin with. Same with the 445 lenses aixiz carries. I already found a chinese source for them and can get them a LOT cheaper than the $10/ea aixiz wants for them if I order them in enough quantity.

The problem with the cited example isn't really about patent infringement, it's just that the real manufacturer has no qualms about selling to anyone who asks. Be it aixiz or anyone else.

We love you too.

The cases etc are generic and we have to get them machined a whole bunch at a time. The lens coatings are specific and custom to us. Yes, there is always discount offered with bulk purchase (as we offer that as well). Good luck on customer service, however. Fact is we are a licensed USA manufacturer, government supplier with a GSA contract and we answer the phone / take care of the problem. There is a premium cost for that and we are a full time laser company. Yes, anything can be knocked off. We take care of our customers. : )

Chuck

DTR

I already found a chinese source for them and can get them a LOT cheaper than the $10/ea aixiz wants for them if I order them in enough quantity.

There is a premium cost for that and we are a full time laser company.

If they are only cheaper in quantity then there is not much of a difference. It is like having your own personal group buy and some times it is worth having your items in days not weeks/months.;)

Plus having someone that will respond quickly to any issues you may have is worth the premium.:beer:

Last edited:
If they are only cheaper in quantity then there is not much of a difference. It is like having your own personal group buy and some times it is worth having your items in days not weeks/months.;)

Plus having someone that will respond quickly to any issues you may have is worth the premium.:beer:

You misunderstand me. When I say in enough quantity, I mean if I order enough to make shipping worth it. It doesn't mean I need to order hundreds, though I plan to order about a hundred after the first of the year and start carrying them myself. And since i'm in the US, you'd be looking at days to get them from me as well. I also can't recall ever not answering my phone when it rang either.

And Chuck, no offense intended, but if your 445 lenses are made in the US, then these chinese ones are DAMN good copies. All the ones i've gotten so far have been identical to the aixiz lenses I have, at least the aixiz ones that actually had the right coating.. in both performance, and visually, even down to the brown paper they come wrapped in.

DTR

You misunderstand me. When I say in enough quantity, I mean if I order enough to make shipping worth it. It doesn't mean I need to order hundreds, though I plan to order about a hundred after the first of the year and start carrying them myself. And since i'm in the US, you'd be looking at days to get them from me as well. I also can't recall ever not answering my phone when it rang either.

I was talking about the painful communication with a Chinese company. The best ones you will have a 1 day turnaround time on emails. The worst will never reply after they have your money. A domestic business you can call and communicate immediately. I was unaware that you were going into business selling them.:beer:

Initially I'll probably just carry lenses. I think I have a line on cheaper versions of 405-g-1 and 650-g-1 as well but I won't know positively until I get a larger sample size from my supplier to test, which will be after the new year since I can't order right now until after christmas when I get some other stuff taken care of. As far as ever carrying more laser items in the future, i'll just have to see how the lens thing works out. I already have one full time job, I don't really want two. At least not unless the laser one can replace the other. heh.