Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are aware that this is a feeler, right? We have been waiting in anticipation for 9 months, now. Get in line and hopefully these will come into frutition at some point....please? lol :D

Considering this guy joined today, and his second post is a lame attempt at trolling Jake... I'm guessing someone's baaaack.

:pop:

jakeGT

Haha this is either tterbo( who was born a woman) or some wrongly placed, failed attempt at spam?

Hey guys I'm gonna hand my arctic over to my mate who owns a machining shop. He has access to CNC lathes and mills... so he said he'll be happy to help.

Are we in anyway changing the design? Or going for a complete replica (outside of the host)?

He estimated about $70-80 a unit @ 70 units... but that's just a quick estimate.

You would have to hit up Pontiac for the exact details, I remeber him making quite a few changes in his model to make improbements from the original. So in essence it looks like an arctic but better built.

@regalis it would be a direct press fitment per details listed in the thread

thanks for the fast answer Ra1nfade :)
But i believe i'm not in for the GB...i posted a while ago and throw JakeGT a PM but never got an answer so i assume the GB is closed for new participants!?

Last edited:
This is still a feeler GB. Nothing has been made nor has any money exchanged hands. It has been going on for awhile. Pontiac had some more pressing matters to take care so this build take a seat on the backburner for awhile ;)

If you do want in on this post saying that you would like you get it in on it and send a PM to JakeGT, hes the one heading the way on this thread ;)

Oh, and take a look at the OP, it should answer most of your questions :beer:

Last edited:
Considering that now china is making cheaper lasers in the rifle host... I doubt that this will go forward. If it does, that's awesome... but I doubt it's gonna happen.

If you do want in on this post saying that you would like you get it in on it and send a PM to JakeGT, hes the one heading the way on this thread ;)

Oh, and take a look at the OP, it should answer most of your questions :beer:
Ops..you are right...i'd send JakeGT the PM not Pontiac.
Maybe i'm interested but for now my budget is out of order :D

@IE: The riffle hosts are also nice..would be a good alternative. It is also a little smaller than the arctic which i like most on this... :angel:

Yeah the rifles are good little host but would be no comparison to what I beileve Pontiacs would turn out to be ;)

Yeah the rifles are good little host but would be no comparison to what I beileve Pontiacs would turn out to be ;)

I second that thought. Pontiac does exceptional work. :)

Edit: I wonder if jib will still do the PCBs for this if it happpens.....

Last edited:
Bobhaha, can you work with solidworks files? If not is there another format you prefer? I'll send you what I have so far to see what you can get them made for.

As it is now I can't find anyone willing to make them under the $100 price point. If Bobhaha can do it I would gladly help all I can to make it happen :D

I think the Circiut jib worked up was a prototype, maybe if he bought parts for it though... You'd be able to get one

For sure though if bobhaha can get these guys machined that would be sweet :)

I think also that this host will be of a better quality than the chinese counterparts... ;)
Now i'm curious of the price for this host to be made...bobhaha we count on you ;)

Bobhaha, can you work with solidworks files? If not is there another format you prefer? I'll send you what I have so far to see what you can get them made for.

As it is now I can't find anyone willing to make them under the $100 price point. If Bobhaha can do it I would gladly help all I can to make it happen :D

Hey Pontiacg5 I can work with any file type.. I would prefer CAD file though. If I have the CAD file it would make it a lot easier to gauge the expected price point.

-Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.