Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arcane II 6.79 watt Custom

GSS

Ricker and trussmonkey other than looking at first the beam, im curious what your first planned test of these lasers will be. Burning something would be my first guess, or are you just both going to wing it?:thinking:.......Most of my curiousity is from what would be the need for something so so powerful "just because I can" lol would be for me as where I live and visit I couldnt possibly use it without fear. Enjoy them and be safe..

Last edited:

Ricker and trussmonkey other than looking at first the beam, im curious what your first planned test of these lasers will be. Burning something would be my first guess, or are you just both going to wing it?:thinking:.......Most of my curiousity is from what would be the need for something so so powerful "just because I can" lol would be for me as where I live and visit I couldnt possibly use it without fear. Enjoy them and be safe..
Etch metal, stone by hand, make crude graffiti projector

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Ricker

I personally wanted it to etch metal as well. 3W takes too long and with duty cycles not being infinity it wasn't as good. And also to hold such power in my hand! :D

GSS

Nice just make sure we see some pics:): I was partly right "just to hold it in my hand"

Ricker

Of course! I actually have three lasers to do reviews for, but Christmas and work is keeping me too busy! :(

Red Cowboy, I just received the Panasonic batteries. I tried them in my Sabwu five watt. ( I'm still waiting on the Arcain) they make a world of difference!. Since they don't have raised positive buttons, I simply used a tiny neodymium magnet for each one. Podo suggested this trick

Well when I tried the new batteries in my Five watt Sanwu laser. I didn't charge them. I just put them in right out of the box. Now that I fully charged them, my Sanwu will make marks on stones. I'll make photos later.

A laser like this deserves to be placed on an alter or shrine

Just had to burn something. This diode with right optics could replace CO2 laser on the smaller cnc machines. But of course clear materials are out of the question. It was able to cut a thin steel steel spring just like in Eitan's video. You will see the laser fade off for a moment.. That is the built in thermal protection.

Last edited:

GSS

So intense, so was it worth the wait or what:rolleyes: What kind of glasses are you using?

A pair of chepis and looking through just the camera. I made a crude beam stop with a coffee mug. I just turned it on its side. Yes it was worth it. This thing as you see starts the burning instantly.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very impressive trussmonkey; that is one nice looking laser! :beer:
Be careful burning things too close to the lens, you could get smoke and soot on it, and with that kind of power, it may be hard to remove.

Awesome laser ! Really worked hard to re-polish that thing. Enjoy it ! And be careful not to burn your house lol :beer:

Hi ,
Awesome laser enjoy it it's sweet. Oh by the way the Pieta is beautiful Am sure you'll be blessed.
Rich:)