Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arcane II 6.79 watt Custom

I had Eitan take a graph of the Laser made for me. He did tell me he used old crappy 18650 trusfire for this test and one other previous test. I can't wait to receive it and use a pair of Panasonic batteries I will purchase from a vapor shop. I had him also extend the barrel to take two 18650s instead of the short ones. Knock on wood the host is truly aligned with the Laser beam output.
I will add here once I actually receive it
Update: photobucket pics
It arrived after four month wait
The Holy Grail of Lasers

Don't go into the light or stick your fingers in. This cuts 3/16" wood almost as good as co2 laser

Last edited:

Ricker

Looks like the end of a 501b, maybe he's just testing the diode first?

Edit: This is one he sent me of my Arcane LPMed. & Sorry if I'm necroing. :/

11087-my-arcane-being-lpmed-eitan-looks-like-501-though-hope-not.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the end of a 501b, maybe he's just testing the diode first?

Edit: This is one he sent me of my Arcane LPMed. & Sorry if I'm necroing. :/

11087-my-arcane-being-lpmed-eitan-looks-like-501-though-hope-not.jpg

Nope , it is the end of the Arcane 2.0 just with out the focus knob in front :)

I had Eitan take a graph of the Laser made for me. He did tell me he used old crappy 18650 trusfire for this test and one other previous test. I can't wait to receive it and use a pair of Panasonic batteries I will purchase from a vapor shop. I had him also extend the barrel to take two 18650s instead of the short ones. Knock on wood the host is truly aligned with the Laser beam output.
I will add here once I actually receive it

If you're going to go with Panasonics make sure to get the IMR's not the older 18650B, the NUBM44 needs lots of amps and regular cells may work for 10 seconds but voltage will sag after that, the new low resistance IMR and INR formulations don't sag as fast. I wouldn't even think about using 18350's.

Even with just a 3 element lens the NUBM44 is capable if exceeding papers flashpoint at 10 feet, but you will need batteries that can hold up.

Panasonic 18650's IMR
2X Panasonic NCR18650BE 18650 10A High Drain Cells 3200mAh BD IMR Hybrid | eBay

LG spent a lot of money on R&D and I have been testing cells with a 1 ohm load and an inductive meter along with a fluke multi meter and the LG cells hold up well.

Where Panasonic 18650B cells sag to 3.7v and 3.7a the LG's hold 4.0v and 4.0a into a 1 ohm load from full charge, also the INR/IMR cells hold up voltage longer under higher loads.

I have had good results with these cells and they are also a good value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-GENUINE...id=100034&rk=1&rkt=8&mehot=pp&sd=151784765307

Last edited:
If you're going to go with Panasonics make sure to get the IMR's not the older 18650B, the NUBM44 needs lots of amps and regular cells may work for 10 seconds but voltage will sag after that, the new low resistance IMR and INR formulations don't sag as fast. I wouldn't even think about using 18350's.

Even with just a 3 element lens the NUBM44 is capable if exceeding papers flashpoint at 10 feet, but you will need batteries that can hold up.

Panasonic 18650's IMR
2X Panasonic NCR18650BE 18650 10A High Drain Cells 3200mAh BD IMR Hybrid | eBay

LG spent a lot of money on R&D and I have been testing cells with a 1 ohm load and an inductive meter along with a fluke multi meter and the LG cells hold up well.

Where Panasonic 18650B cells sag to 3.7v and 3.7a the LG's hold 4.0v and 4.0a into a 1 ohm load from full charge, also the INR/IMR cells hold up voltage longer under higher loads.

I have had good results with these cells and they are also a good value.

2 x Genuine LG HG2 INR18650HG2 3000mAh 30A INR High Drain Battery w Case | eBay
Thank-you, Edit: I just ordered four. I am still waiting for Laser to arrive

Last edited: