Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Apex LPM prototype and LumenOS R1 Demo!

Wow!....... I love it. I would definately invest in one of those.

I really wish you were coming to SELEM on Friday. I would love to meet you and that beautiful device ;)

Maybe next year. :)

:gj:

Trevor

^ what he said. Are you planning on making these for sale or are they just one offs?

I'm moving back into my dorm room at my university soon, so I'll gauge my build capabilities once I get the prototype totally done and the semester goes into full swing.

Wow!....... I love it. I would definately invest in one of those.

I really wish you were coming to SELEM on Friday. I would love to meet you and that beautiful device ;)

Maybe next year. :)

:gj:

I'm not going to be available on Friday or Saturday (hence not going to SELEM). However, I'll be around Sunday and Monday. If you're taking the route I think you'll be taking, you'll drive through Christiansburg on I-81. If you hop off the highway, I'll be right in Blacksburg. Your total driving detour would be about 20 minutes. You're welcome to stop by if you want. :D

-Trevor

I'm not going to be available on Friday or Saturday (hence not going to SELEM). However, I'll be around Sunday and Monday. If you're taking the route I think you'll be taking, you'll drive through Christiansburg on I-81. If you hop off the highway, I'll be right in Blacksburg. Your total driving detour would be about 20 minutes. You're welcome to stop by if you want. :D

-Trevor

Thanks for the invite, Trevor. I'll see how my schedule lays out and if I can, I'll let you know. :beer: :thanks:

That does look amazing. What was the main reason you didn't go with the arduino? The analogue inputs would do the same thing as this... but obviously outputting to a coloured LCD screen would be its downfall. Was this the only reason you went with the Maple Mini?

Trevor

That does look amazing. What was the main reason you didn't go with the arduino? The analogue inputs would do the same thing as this... but obviously outputting to a coloured LCD screen would be its downfall. Was this the only reason you went with the Maple Mini?

Well, the ATMega328p is clocked at 16MHz, has 1k of RAM (I think), and 30k flash. The Cortex M3 is clocked at 72MHz, has 20k of RAM, and 120k of flash, and has an onboard 12-bit ADC. :D

With LumenOS P1, I think the final build used 30,716 bytes out of an available 30,720. LumenOS R1 is sitting at about 70k as of my last build. So, the extra resources have been helping. :eek:

I could have done something like this on the Arduino if I had more space for code - but it only would have had the horsepower to do it in monochrome. The higher clock speed really gives me a lot to play with. :)

-Trevor

Well, the ATMega328p is clocked at 16MHz, has 1k of RAM (I think), and 30k flash. The Cortex M3 is clocked at 72MHz, has 20k of RAM, and 120k of flash, and has an onboard 12-bit ADC. :D

With LumenOS P1, I think the final build used 30,716 bytes out of an available 30,720. LumenOS R1 is sitting at about 70k as of my last build. So, the extra resources have been helping. :eek:

I could have done something like this on the Arduino if I had more space for code - but it only would have had the horsepower to do it in monochrome. The higher clock speed really gives me a lot to play with. :)

-Trevor

Fair enough.... You did a great job! congratz

Helios

Your missing one thing.

Paypal information.

This looks awesome. I hope it wont be a one of a kind.

I think his openLPM project is arduino based. This is something different entirely.

You truly have been burning the candle at both ends and it shows, AUTO RANGING Wow...