Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone Willing to Broker a Deal between OVNI and TaterMay?

Darn Ovni, almost forgot what this thread was for. I'm in mobile alabama just a couple hundred mi from tater. I had to file on pp w/him also. Is there anything I can do to help? I don't know him, jud t ordered a 7w laser that never shipped.

OVNI

Darn Ovni, almost forgot what this thread was for. I'm in mobile alabama just a couple hundred mi from tater. I had to file on pp w/him also. Is there anything I can do to help? I don't know him, jud t ordered a 7w laser that never shipped.

I PM'd you a while back.

Back to the diverted topic for a moment, my Dad died yesterday. He was miserable and finally the decision was made to pull life sustaining treatment and within hours he was gone.

He was the only one who was really interested in my laser hobby (we both have a technical background - all three of his sons followed in his footsteps). He had a good life. Recognized me the last day he had a code blue and was gone shortly thereafter but in a peaceful state (hospitals call it comfort or hospice care). I'm thankful for that and the several lucid conversations I was able to have with him during the last two months (including some awkward ones where he gave just a little TMI :whistle:). Unfortunately, my brother who lives 200 miles away was never able to catch him when he was alert and able to speak each time he came up to visit. I'm glad I was able to be there.

And back to the OT, I never got the laser back from TaterMay and his wife stopped responding. Her (or maybe his) last text was April 13th. Either TaterMay's condition got worse or I learned a hard $500 lesson or perhaps both.

This is for you Dad: :beer:

Last edited:
Hi Omni, my condolences to you and your family.
Sorry, can't find your pm. Seems I read Tater took a turn for the worse or something along those lines in a thread here somewhere. Hopefully all this will be made right soon. I also hope the best For Tater and his family.

Ovni I'm quite sorry to hear that, I had a similar experience with my grandfather who also decided to terminate life sustaining treatment. It's tough, but it's for the best if it's his wish. My condolences man!