Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anyone use haze?

Now i always use the good old smoke machine, but i have just discovered hazers online (frikin expensive thoe!)

Correct me if im wrong its the same as smoke, but with out the smokeyness of a regular fog machine.. is the correct?

anyone have any pics using hazers?

thanks!

Not at all the same. A hazer can be seen as a smoke machine with an expansion chamber and fan on the front but not quite. It blows out lots of haze filled air rather than a little smoke that has to disperse itself. Haze has an extroadinarily long hang time and real hazers take different fluid to foggers.

Things

Hazers are NOT fog machines with fans, only the cheap crappy ones are, but they arent even hazers!! If you see a hazer that says it uses regular fog juice, its not a hazer! A true hazer creates very fine smoke particles, much smaller than a fog machine. The fan is not there to disperse the fog, its to get it out at a distance so that its not only 1 spot thats hazed, which is common with fog machines. The cheapest TRUE hazer is about $300-400, and well worth every cent.

Things

Overall, if you have the money, a hazer is MUCH better for playing with lasers in, since the particles are so fine, it doesnt block any of the beam intensity.

Well it defintly sounds like it has advantages over the smoke machine.

DO yo guys use water or oil based haze fluid?

The best bang for the buck so far has been one for 299

Anyone used a MBT Hazer hz100 ?
any reviews on it? Seems to be the best one for the price at about 300

Things

Yep, the MBT was the one i was talking about in my above post, its a good one ;)

does oil leave much of a residue?

also I read somewhere that the guy was using 100% mineral oil form a drug store for the last year in his hazer and it was basically identical to the stuff you buy..

Anyone tried that?

Im debating between 2 different sites for the MBT HZ100 290-299 so trying to figure out whos best to order from!